UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love you klmno - lol.

And as far as George Anthony and my thoughts? Ya'll can say what you want...and have but he's tap dancing in his heart - as the BEST actor in this ENTIRE play put on by the Anthony family because more than he got more than 1/2 the country to feel SORRY for him. NOW where do you think Casey learned how to be convincing from? He's very good.

Malika

Here's a strange thing - article from 2009

Nostradamus predicted a verdict of not guilty in the Casey Anthony murder trial in a poetic four-verse poetic quatrain written almost 500 years ago in the 16th century, a Nostradamus scholar reports.

Casey Anthony: Innocent, according to French seer.

And while it remains to be seen what jurors will decide in the celebrated case, the famed French seer believed Anthony, 23, would successfully defend her good name and rightly be exonerated in the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie – who was cut down by unknown means after she went missing in Orlando, Florida, last summer. He went on to predict that “a monster” eventually will confess to the crime, clearing Anthony.

N

Nomad

OJ #2! UGH
I remember after the OJ trial, the sister of the victim said in this country, you can't convict for murder unless there is an actual videotape of the murder.
(And even then, you would probably need several witnesses)
I personally think there was enough evidence for aggravated child abuse (the one leading to a conviction of murder)
Surely down the road, some of the jurors will talk and maybe that will help clarify the situation.
After the verdict was read, the parents looks stunned/flat and almost a little disappointed or something. They did not look happy
I'm leaving Orlando in a few hours (a total and complete coincidence!)
I'm wondering how the city will react. Seems most people I have spoken to have thought her guilty in some way (more than tricking law enforcement.
Star...interesting point re: the father.
This girl does seem to be ultra good at her craft...maybe she's had a few teachers. I'm amazed and NOT in a good way.
Donna...I hear ya. Maybe the parents were enabling all Casey's life. Maybe they had been, but then tried to pull in the reigns at some point. Maybe they faltered often just simply to keep the peace when their out of control difficult kid/teen caused extreme chaos in the home. I'm thinking we'll never know the extent of the difficulties and sadness in the home. I think this is why when our children are over the top, it is vital to get professional help.
AND no matter what our parents did or didn't do, when we become adults it is our personal responsibility to get help when we are acting inappropriately and irresponsibly.
This case is so tragic. It speaks poorly in reference to our legal system, with reference to mental health, with reference to child abuse prevention and there is no justice anywhere.

KTMom91

I wasn't following the trial consistently...but I am surprised at the verdict. Guilty of lying to law enforcement?

And there is still nothing definite of what happened to Caylee or why.

klmno

Honestly, how do you reach the conclusion that she lied to law enforcement several times re her daughter's whereabouts and what happened to her but that she had nothing to do with her daughter's death- or even find her guilty of neglect? OJ's case was different to me, this one just had too much that pointed only to Casey. Scott P. was found guilty on less.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I wasn't following the trial consistently...but I am surprised at the verdict. Guilty of lying to law enforcement?

And there is still nothing definite of what happened to Caylee or why.

Well, that's really the crux of it, isn't it?

If there's nothing definite - we can't say for sure what really happened either way.

Do I think Casey killed her daughter? Yep. Do I know whether it was planned, accidental, spur-of-the-heated-moment...Nope.

So really, it's more a verdict of "Unproven" than anything else...

Nancy

I don't at all believe that George is dancing in his heart. It will be interesting to see if Casey expects to come home after throwing her family under the bus.

Nancy

DDD

Yeah. None of the Juror's are going to speak with the press. I'm sure they will be tracked down and it will take a long time for them to resume normal living. They have done their civic duty. I was afraid that they would innocently walk into the media storm not knowing that it has been 24/7 coverage.

I do think that almost all of the media people are former Prosecutors and even Dr Drew is still talking about the shocking verdict. I honestly don't know how I would have voted but I do strongly support our Jury system. They deserve respect. DDD

N

Nomad

Well, the few people I spoke to in Orlando are hoping she doesn't come to orlando 'cause she it is not likely going to be ok with the community. I understand the jurors were from another community. Also have heard many of jurors had very difficult personal/home lives...lots of dysfunction in many of the homes. Who knows. Lots of talk now. I agree, they will HESITATE (big time) to talk with- the press.
This is a mess....Yep...where is she (Casey Anthony) going to go? But, ya know, if she writes a book, makes money and never truly changes, recuperates emotionally and mentally it will just be beyond the beyonds.

klmno

I don't want to be antagonistic or turn this into an argument, but I really want to ask (and please let's keep this peaceful), are any of you who feel Casey should be pitied more comfortable now that she'll be set free soon? Would you be comfortable if she was the mother of your grandchild or even a member of your family? Would you feel comfortable with her living with you?

Nancy

I don't want to speculate on what the Anthony's think about all this so I'll wait to hear their statement. If they are glad she was exonerated then they can take her back and and continue to allow her to live the beautiful life at their expense. I believe the only thing the prosecutors could have done differently is offer a plea or not gone for first degree murder.

Nancy

klmno

Oh I don't think she'll ever be anything other than a difficult child. The "parents" didn't do enough to hold her accountable?? Pffttt....I should have seen this coming, just based on my experience with my son and the "system" alone.

Malika

Hi klmno. Not sure if I am one of the people you are addressing, but I personally feel both that Casey is ultimately to be pitied (like all people who have terrible things on their conscience) and that the wrong verdict was reached today. The wrong moral verdict. But it seems like the jury have played fairly by the rules of the game. Might have been better if they'd been asked to vote with their intuition but of course one can see all the complete pitfalls of that... I feel it is wrong that Casey should now be released and be in a position that she could make a lot of money out of all this.

klmno

Nancy, there were a multitude of lesser charges available- they didn't just find her not guilty of 1st degree murder, they basicly found her not guilty of anything except lying.

klmno

I have a hard time visualizing George going to pick Casey up when she's released. If he or Cindy does, then well...there's just no hope for that family.

Nancy

Just child abuse and aggravated manslaughter, there were many others they could have gone with. When you make it a capital murder case it changes the whole complexion.

I am guessing the jury got hung up on not being able to determine the cause of death. No cause of death and everything else falls apart.

Sad that bad people can do bad things and get away with it.

Nancy