Urgent!! Have to leave soon... Want Opinions...

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by DaisyFace, Jan 5, 2011.

  1. DaisyFace

    DaisyFace Love me...Love me not


    Will update later...
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. DaisyFace

    DaisyFace Love me...Love me not


    I was hoping a few "Warrior Moms" were on the board right now.

    I have to leave the house...I will give husband a call and let you know what we decide...

  3. Mamaof5

    Mamaof5 Guest

    Not over reacting. In most places the statutory rape laws indicate that the two consenting people need to be within a certain age of each other (here it's three year difference. IE: 15 year old can be with 19 year old however if the person is 21 it's statutory rape).

    I'd be going to the police too with it.
  4. DaisyFace

    DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

    Thanks Mama!

    I think I may even just "stop by" and ask the police a few questions...
  5. slsh

    slsh member since 1999

    Personally, I would stop by the police station. I'd probably take dear daughter with, so she can hear it firsthand that she doesn't get to make these choices yet.

    A couple questions - are you sure it's a 22-year-old, as opposed to a younger kid (not that it really makes any difference I guess)? Where was she having this conversation and can you shut it down? Is she already on 24/7 supervision?

    So sorry! These kids can sure keep us on our toes.
  6. TerryJ2

    TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

    Well, I can pretty much figure this out with-o even reading your original note.
    Sheesh, these kids! I am so sorry.
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things.
  7. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    Haven't read your note, but I am sure you will make a good decision and I really hope that she hasn't gotten herself into the type of trouble it sounds like. If the boy is over 18 then in my opinion the cops NEED to be involved. Those laws re consent are there for a reason.