Urgent prayers needed for friend's 10yo daughter

gcvmom

Here we go again!
who suffered a brain aneurysm late Monday night. :surprise::anxious::sad-very: Her name is Miranda, and she has been in easy child's classes on and off since preschool. She had surgery Tuesday at a children's hospital, but she is still in critical condition. I don't know much else yet, but I'm sure any prayers, positive vibes, rattling beads, or nekkid chicken liver dances in the moonlight would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks so much!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Somehow I don't know why but this place has much power.
I am sending mine her way.
Tell easy child to hang in there and her friend has some strength behind her.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you everyone for the support -- I got a text from her mom and she is so grateful to know that prayers are going up for her daughter. She said it will be two more days until she is out of danger... not sure about the specifics yet. I know that sometimes the blood vessels clamp down after an event like this and can cause a mini-stroke, and there is a chance of a new bleed up to two weeks, I think, afterwards.

I'll keep you posted when I find out more!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, I stopped by the hospital today to drop off a card/picture easy child drew for her and deliver some coffee and fruit salad from the cafeteria to the mom. I couldn't reach her, and because of the Swine Flu virus precautions, no one other than parents are allowed up to the patient areas, so a volunteer took it up for me and I left. Turns out the mom had come down the elevator just after I got to the parking structure, so I didn't get to talk with her :(

Supposedly they were to extubate her today. I haven't gotten another update email, but I'm hopeful that no news is good news.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I've passed them along in emails to the family and they are so very appreciative of the support! :)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh gosh, what a horrible thing. I'm so sorry. Many, many good thoughts and prayers for Miranda and her family and friends.

Suz

donna723

My prayers are still with all of them. How frightening this must be for that poor family!

If it's any consolation, exactly the same thing happened to a co-worker of mine, a lady in her early fifties. We were all so worried about her. She was out of work for several months but when she came back, we were amazed at how well she was doing. It's been about two years now and she is just fine - you would never know that she ever went through all of that! So it's NOT an automatic gloom and doom forecast. And children seem to bounce back from these things so much quicker and better than adults do. Please keep us posted.