Urgent Prayers Needed for my mother in law

trinityroyal

I couldn't think of where else to be at this time but with my CD Board family.

Please pray for my mother in law. She was rushed to the hospital earlier this evening, and we just got a call from the ER doctor saying that she likely won't make it through the night. mother in law has been the closest thing to a mother to me since my own beloved Grannie died all those years ago.

She's been ill for a very long time, but lately she seemed to be getting better and stronger. Then today, she had a bout of stomach flu. Not a big thing in itself, except because she's so frail she wasn't able to sit up in bed, and she aspirated. Apparently, her lungs have been seared so badly that they're beyond repair. In any case, she has a DNR order so they might not be able to do anything for her even if medically possible.

husband is heading over to the hospital right now. I am home with a houseful of children, all sleeping peacefully, and can't go anywhere. I just don't know what to do.

DDD

I'm sending caring support your way. Although it is painful for you it is, in my humble opinion, wonderful that she rallied to enjoy more happy shared times with you all and then self determined that she was ready to move on should circumstances warrant.
I'm sure your love was a great source of strength for her. Hugs DDD

DammitJanet

Oh Trinity, Im so sorry. I know how much you loved your mother in law. I am absolutely sure she knew it too. That is an amazing thing let me tell you. What a lucky pair of women you are to have had that relationship. I am sure you brought her as much joy as she brought to you.

I am keeping you, her and your entire family in my prayers.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Trinity,

Prayer gone - and will continue to update that. Sending you 1/2 my strength and all my love.....Be brave dear one.

trinityroyal

Thank you so much for your prayers everyone. difficult child just phoned from the hospital. mother in law just passed away moments ago. I feel like my heart will tear in two, but I'm with the small ones while husband is at the hospital, and I have to keep it together for them. Little easy child is crushed, and poor difficult child is devastated. He's been her primary companion and caregiver these last 2 years, and he's taking it personally, as though he could have done something to stop it.

No matter how long you've been expecting it, it's never easy when someone so beloved dies. She will leave an awfully large gap in our hearts.

Hugs to all of you,
Trinity

cubsgirl

I am so, so sorry for your loss. Extra special ((hugs)) for you and your family. Again, I'm just so sorry to hear this.