Urgent!!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I just found a message that difficult child sent to a friend...

she says she will bring the "rb" to school tomorrow (meaning today)

Can anybody think of what "rb" means?

I can only think of "razor blades"

Should I alert the school to keep an extra eye on her today???

klmno

It could be- I'd look for any sign of anything amiss in the bathroom and her bedroom. I'm not sure about calling the school and telling them, unless you find a sign that this is really what it is. Maybe call and tell them you need to pick her up due to a family emergency.

DammitJanet

rb..razerback?

running back

roomba (you know, that vacuum thingy)

Red Blood

Dang...cant think of anything else!

Yes, I would alert school.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
OK--

I talked to husband and told him that I think difficult child was talking about bring razor blades to school...

He said that makes sense now because he noticed that her friend had posted a video about cutting to her Facebook page.

I'm calling the school....

JJJ

I'm glad your calling the school. Do they know how to search her? Be sure they check inside her mouth - in between her teeth and her cheek. And her shoes.

And lock up all razors at home. Switch her to Nair!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Called the school...

spoke to the sec. in the guidance office. I gave her all the info I had. She sounded very concerned, but said she needed to speak with the guidance counselor who was in a meeting.

I have no idea how they will handle this.

So...now I am waiting...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sending my best support and prayers for you Daisy. Good call though for your Warrior Mom heart. I can only hope that THIS INCIDENT gets your daughter the help she needs in her attention seeking behaviors. This is a cry....it should be answered.

Hugs

klmno

That's what I thought. I'd never want anyone to get hurt but I was hoping she could get her daughter out of school today before the daughter had time to meet up with anyone and "share" her rb. Some sd's will take something like this to expulsion and it caan really turn into more of a legal battle- DF, I really hope this leads to help and not just trouble.

But remember, you didn't put yourself in this position and you did what you had to do in order to prevent something worse. ((HUGS))

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
UPDATE:

I just returned home. The school conducted their search and difficult child was found with razor blades in her purse.

She was immediately suspended. The school is not sure what the entire consequence for this incident will be--so for now, I was asked to take her home while they discuss the issue. They are supposed to give me a call later today.

As for difficult child? She is furious! She started to argue with the vice principal who simply told her "Sorry, but you can't bring a weapon to school."

As we left the building, she began talking about how everything bad happens to her and life is so unfair and this was not her fault. The she started talking about suicide again.

I asked her if she needed to talk to someone about feeling that way and she said "no".

I will keep an eye and if anything happens, I will take her straight to ER.

Thanks for being so supportive. I am just shaking!!!

But at the same time, I am very relieved that nobody at the school got hurt.

--DaisyFace

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DF... been there done that with Onyxx... It IS her choice (we don't use the word "fault" anymore) to disobey rules that are in place for good reason.

I'm with you... HUGS... It IS fair that she was suspended, but not fair to you.