Urgent!!!!!

SRL

Sigh....Good for you for being so on the ball.

We're thinking (unless more drama happens tonight), that we are just going to bring her to tomorrow's testing sans makeup, so the doctor can get a look at what she's been doing to herself. The testing is in the capital (over an hour away). There is a psychiatric hospital there. If the doctor thinks it's a good idea, we won't object to having her hospitalized there.

--DaisyFace

If she's one of those girls who is really only comfortable in makeup, you might want to take a picture and then give her the go ahead. Might be easier on you both that way.

maxeygirls

The school is supposed to, and is in fact legally, taking on the responsibility of a parent during school hours. If THIS doesn't go through to them - obviously it's not, if they think it's as simple as telling the parent to search better at home and leave it at that, no help, no additional plan - you can go the cheap shot route and remind them that if anything happens to your child on their watch, THEY are legally responsible.
QUOTE]

In addition to that, this involved another child at the school and the razor blades were planned to be handed off/shared at school which makes it a school issue. They can't expect you to call the parents of difficult child's friends and make sure they search their children too, now can they? Ok they may expect it, but they can't require it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Many hugs to you. I do agree that the school cannot put this entirely on you. Who's to say after she has been searched she couldn't sneak something.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thank you for the comments regarding school....

Yes, it was my impression that the request to "search her at home" was just their way of washing their hands of the situation.

It makes me wonder what the heck is going on in that building that this is a child they don't feel they need to keep an eye on...

--DaisyFace

Marguerite

you can go the cheap shot route and remind them that if anything happens to your child on their watch, THEY are legally responsible

Or if something happens to any other child, through their inaction.

We do what we can. Of course we do. But we need teamwork, not the blame game. The school needs to work with you on this and not try to shift blame back onto you.

You did the right thing, definitely. Stay strong.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry you are dealing with the cutting issue. It is SCARY.

One thing that may or may not reassure you is that most cutters are very much NOT suicidal. It is their way of coping with emotional pain, which makes no sense to me. It also releases endorphins and is said to be addicting. I know my cutters could not stop alone. They support each other and it really makes a difference.