urine in a hairspray bottle?

TerryJ2

Oh, good. It's nice to know there's hope.
It's just that when one thing stops, another starts up.
Or, as I posted in another note, they all happen at once.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My mom, who is now 85 years old, keeps a mason jar in her room at night to pee in. It drives me BONKERS. I bought her pads and diaper undies but she can't get past them - she hates the idea of wearing them. What it really boils down to for me, is that she is just lazy...the bathroom is 7 feet from her bed. She's either reading a book or watching one of her programs and can't be bothered leaving her room. It is gross and her room reeks! I am constantly mopping in there because she often 'misses' the pot. Ugh.

I don't know about all the disorders and diagnosis talk above (I've always considered my mom a major difficult child), but if it's on target, then my mom's the oldest difficult child on the board.

Jeesh, Terry. Hang in there, I hope your therapist can help with this.

Marguerite

We used to have to pee in a bucket at night, rather than go to the outside loo in the dark and deal with spiders and snakes. The outside loo was a pan toilet, emptied once a week (sanny cart collection). My mother, father & I all used the same bucket. In the morning one of us would fill the bucket up with water from the rainwater tank and go pour it on the vegetable garden. We had the biggest tomatoes!

Once we got an inside loo (and running water) we stopped the bucket brigade.

But that outside loo was a horror - even in daytime, you had to take a big stick in with you.

And as far as I'm concerned, that's the only excuse anyone should use - having a loo like ours which is both dangerous and terrifying to use at night.

Marg