Uvetis...anyone ever have it or know anyone who did?

BusynMember

My daughter's young SO has it and he is sick as a dog. They have done an MRI and are talking about all sorts of scary things causing it. He can't barely lift his head without tons of pain. I never heard of it before, but 10% of those who have it go blind and it can be caused by tumors or cancer or systemic disorders. He has been off work for over a week and won't be able to go back anytime soon...I really like him and am quite concerned as is my daughter...

Thank you.

flutterby

Fly away!
Uvetis is inflammation in the eye. It can be caused by autoimmune disorders, among other things. I believe it is treated with steroid drops.

Josie

Lyme Disease can cause it.

If it is Lyme, I think IV antibiotics would be the treatment, if he is in danger of losing his sight.

Lyme is problematic. If they don't agree to test him, google for some studies showing that it can cause uveitis. They are out there. A lot of Lyme is not clear, but this looks like it is clear enough that they should agree to at least test him.

BusynMember

Thanks all. they didn't test him for Lymes. I'm going to tell them to do that. I don't know if they tested for RA.
He has no symptoms of Crohns. I'm very aware of Crohns because my brother has it.
Thank you all. I will pass along all the messages.