V-I-C-T-O-R-Y - thats the CD battle cry!

Star*

call 911........call 911
And cry.....I did. What an overwhelmingly crowded room. Thanks so much to all of you for your prayers and well wishes or good vibes. I really felt like I was sitting in a room with a bunch of angry Moms standing behind us. lol.

I would like to take a moment to thank D3 publically for responding to my outcry for help with an amazing suggestion. Her quick and knowledgeable suggestion gave a new face to this tired Mom and we went in search of a volunteer program. Something I never would have thought of or thought would work. This board and even more so it's members never cease to amaze me with their ideas, support, and love. Thanks very much.

We sat and listened while they talked. And then I had a moment to interject - and read the letter from the volunteer coordinator at the work training program. I think it caught them a little off guard. With that letter and the letter Dude got from his teacher AND the fact that he's really been helping out everywhere? They regrouped and said they liked what they were hearing and with this volunteer job in place? They had no reason to send him yonder.

O.M. GOSH. But we all got a turn to say our peace, even Dude was pretty sullen and unconfidant going in - he was SURE they were going to make him homeless. So were we. I had the number of the Salvation Army shelter in my pocket and bus fare.

I thought last night when I got home from job #2 - that it was so cold out for SC. It was around 22. I know in Ohio this is a near Spring day but here it's just cold. And I stood and looked at the stars, watching my breath in the night and wondered if tonight - if my son would have a warm bed, family atmosphere....and confidence to continue to try.

I didn't let DF see my tears...but I know in my heart that while Dude is growing and going in the right direction? It never works when he's at home. Maybe for a day - then he crosses that thin line and it's on. So I worried more than you may know. And I had to stick to my word that he could NOT come home. We want him to move out from the fosters, get a job and place to live, a car.....and amazingly for the first time Dude said he did too.

So CD BOARD AUNTIES - here's one for you - thanks so much for your all. Somedays it's good to be the Mom. Today was one of those days.

- We have until March for further "IMPROVEMENTS".

Much love
Star, Dude, my dog, my dogs dog, Pootie, the cat, the rats, the fish....and DF

Today is a good day.

klmno

Oh thank goodness- I am so relieved. I was worried about this.

When you said you felt like there was a room full of mad moms behind you supporting you- that's because we were- you do know that right?

I hope this decision brings more hope and faith in Dude and helps him to stay on the track he's worked so hard to get on. He's doing so well- March will be here before you know it!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Once out of supposed ear shot.....of the agency.....I let out a little warwhoop in the elevator on the 4th floor and it scared the Comet off the cleaning lady on the first floor.

She was holding her hand over her heart and said "Oh LAWD OH LAWD I THAWT THA THING WAS A COMIN' DOWN AN YOUZE IN THERE FALLIN'" (she said that in her best SC accent too! lol:tongue: - thank GOD I know her personally! :laugh:

janebrain

Oh Star, I am so relieved!!!!! What a wonderful early Christmas present for you and Dude and DF too. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Jane

DDD

:wine: Well, it a "little early in the day" but :D
There once was a boy from the South
Who was regarded as a bit of a mouth

While others thought he might never change
With family and friends he showed range

A smile here and a prayer there
Encouragement came from everywhere

Now, a young man with reason to smile
His upturned mouth comes in handy

A Toast Is Now Made That His Life Can Be Dandy!!

susiestar

Roll With It
What an AMAZING, AWESOME DAY!! Prayers truly ARE answered. I am so proud of you Star, for not going back to what you know would hurt Dude in the long run (lettting him move back in with you), for trying any and E-V-E-R-Y thing that might help your son learn and grow into the wonderful young man he is today.

Yup. I said it.

Dude is a WONDERFUL young man. SOOOOOOO many would have given up when facing what he is. Would have said, "I can't win so why try." But with the love and support of you and DF, Dude said, "Nope. Not ME. I am going to do whatever it takes to PROVE that I CAN DO IT!"

And He DID!!!

It must have been so scary for you last night, Star. But whether you were standing in the cold (and 22 degrees is cold ANYWHERE!), laying in bed worrying, or in that room helping Dude stand up for himself, we were with you. (I promise we didn't look while you were getting dressed, LOL!)

I hope my offer of Shrew Missiles made you smile just a little. I was worried you were going to worry yourself into another stroke!

So Tommy and Sammy are out back, they are thrilled they don't have to give that nasty pile of shrews to you. But less thrilled that Wiz is taking them away, LOL!

I hope that you, Dude and DF can take some time to celebrate.

Love ya!

'Chelle

:jumphappy: YYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY. SO happy that the RIGHT outcome has come from all the effort and work that you and Dude have put in. Hopefully this will push Dude along on the path with the work he's put in so far. Now crossing fingers & toes (and legs but that's 'cause I gotta finish this and run to the bathroom :tongue: ) that he does well at the volunteer work experience program and it leads to better things (a paycheque).

Star*

call 911........call 911
Chelle - thanks for the post between "breaks" lol -

Susie and catcrew - SHREWmissles? OMG I am on the floor. (Lobbing shrew missles) thanks for the prayers and for not looking - but (warning) I'm a nudist -so take yer chances. (nekkid chicken liver dance is a reality) lol

Donna - yup.....thanks you're right it is all good. (and breath......)

D3 - I dont' even know why they say "belly up to the bar" when one drink would put me on the floor. Guess it wouldn't be as catchy to say "Face first on the floor in front of the bar boys"...I join you in Spirits in spirit! And the poem? Lovely - a print and save for sure! thanks very much.

Crazy Mama - THANKS for all the BRAVOS....haven't had that many since Dude flipped over the handle bars of his bike 3 weeks after surgery for having his jaw wired shut and busted his front tooth in half. (we really did say BRAVO Dude)

Brain - Yes, an excellent present to be sure. Thanks for your support.

jal - I resemble that remark! (as a dang Yankee) Thank you!

Everywoman - Thank ye kindly! ;)

klmno - I know things have been so hectic for you - thanks for thinking of us....NOW GET BACK TO DRYWALLING WOMAN!!!!! SPACKLE SPACKLE LITTLE KLMNO.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Hugs,

So glad that this worked the way it was supposed to. I was bouncing all over the place today (wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much coffee) so I was sending all of that energy your way.

beth

TerryJ2

Woo Hoo!!!! Way To Go Star and Dude!

(Personally, I knew you would do it.:) )

This really hit me: had the number of the Salvation Army shelter in my pocket and bus fare.

You always have a backup plan, for better or for worse.

And you carry your sense of humor in your--oh, wait, no you don't--you're a nudist. :) (I'd be a nudist,too, if I didn't have stretch marks.)

Ropefree

Banned
Guidance and direction is parenting at its finest. I am so very very happy that you have had the inspiration to help your son to learn to rely on himself. He can do it.
You know in your heart he can do it. And it takes doing. He learns too.Yeah!

The room must have seemed packed with ALL EYES on those people...ears burning, a feeling that lightening could strike.

meowbunny

You just made a really crappy day wonderful. I'm sitting here literally crying. Actually, there were tears as soon as I saw the title of your post. I am so happy for Dude and you. You have no idea how big the grin is here. Thank you for such a super Christmas present.

Steely

Holy Cr@p I am bawling my eyes out.

I have not prayed in years, not even for difficult child. I have been spiritually shot.
But today I sat at Starbucks and all I could do is pray for you and Dude. It was overwhelming. Two tables over were these 3 people talking about God the whole time. It was intense.

I am so freaking happy for you and Dude, there are no words.
GO DUDE:cheerleader:
Run like the wind! You are amazing, and will be successful in all that you do!!!

trinityroyal

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Star, I'm jumping for joy, with happy tears rolling down my cheeks for you and Dude. (If husband walks in right now, he'll think I've finally snapped)

What a wonderful gift.

Yay!

Trinity