very close call, you guys almost lost me today!

DammitJanet

I had a doctor appointment today which I will post about in another thread but I was just driving home through the country back roads which are actually 55 mph roads when suddenly out of nowhere this idiot turns left right in front of me! He was in the oncoming lane and turned left onto a road without slowing down, putting on a blinker or anything! I had to slam on my brakes so hard that I skidded and squealed. My seat belt grabbed me and my knees hit into the dash. I came about an inch from hitting the rear of that car. I sat in the road just shaking. The other car? Kept on going without a care.

Then I get back home and was sitting at an intersection with a light waiting for my light to turn green and when it does, I was getting ready to go and a car comes zooming through on the red. I just came home. Today is not my day to be on the road.

L

Liahona

Hope you're not going out again today. Twice in one day. UGH Glad you're still with us.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Omg! :nonono::crazydriver:

Nope. You're not allowed to have anything else happen to you Janet. You do realize this right?

I think today was the day for insane drivers.

That knees in the dashboard thing had to hurt like hades. How are they now?

((hugs)) and a good tall drink for your nerves.

klmno

Geesh!!! I'm glad you came thru all this without an accident and getting hurt but I'm sure it shook you up- it would me! I saw emergency vehicles around a truck sitting in the median with a car's hood halfway uder it today and even that shook me up- but it woke me up....car accidents are frightening.

DammitJanet

Lisa, it scared me so bad! I live out in the boonies. You know how when you get out in the sticks and you are driving along and you just sort of talk to yourself in your head while driving..oh maybe you are thinking about what is for dinner, or what you want to tell someone about where you have just been or anything else...but you are just ambling along. Nice lovely day. Then wham, out of no where something happens and you are like...WTH? Thank heavens my reactions are still sharp.

donna723

Oh Janet, how frightening! And not just once but twice! I am soooo glad you're alright! How are your knees? That must have been so painful! Those two-lane back country roads can get very scary! I drove roads like that every day going to work and you just never know what was going to happen! You could come around a blind curve and there might be a tractor blocking the road or a buggy full of Mennonites or a horse or cow! And there are always deer ...

So glad you're OK!

H

HaoZi

So glad you were able to get home safe to tell us about it. Anyone that asks me a question about human behavior is warned that an answer from me will not be flattering to the species.

DammitJanet

My right knee is the one that really hit into the dash and that is the one which is hurting me worse right now...sigh. Of course that is the one which would have been closer though because its the one that is doing the peddle. When I stomped on the brake, my leg just slid right up.

What is really stupid though is that we have really straight roads here. How people cant drive correctly on straight roads is beyond me. This person should have been able to see me a me a mile away. Instead he just swerved into my lane!

DDD

Hoping your medications take care of the knee pain. I can only imagine the shock and pain. Phew/Whew, so glad you were able to react quickly. I travel backroads when I go to the big City and there is a mesmerizing element to driving on straight roads with pastures and cows as the only things in view. I'm hyper vigilant in the big City but there is kind of a disconnect on trafficless roads. Glad you are safe and sound. DDD

TerryJ2

Arrghh! My heart is racing, just reading your note.
You didn't need that ... and neither did your knees.
I can't help but think that those two drivers will not live as long as you, considering their lack of attention, skills and judgment.

buddy

Thank Heaven you are ok. Now to nurse those knees. the few times I have had a close call I have driven differently for months after....it really is intense when things like that happen. Please be careful, I selfishly want you around here!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
HUGS!!! I know how this is, only too well!

I do better on back roads, not as mesmerizing even if they are straight. There is stuff to look at!

I'm just glad you're home, and safe.

DammitJanet

I did have to pull off and smoke a cig...that I do admit...lol. I will be okay though ... thankfully. I do think I may have done in one of my front joints in my car though. If anyone remembers in Cleveland the thing we were so worried about with my car and it getting there? The one that was on the left that we fixed up in OH. Well I think this slamming on the brakes took out the right one. My car is making that same sound now.

I am glad I didnt hit the car because I have a pretty good idea they probably didnt have insurance. Old beat up car and in the area I was in and the way they were driving, Im probably correct in my guess.