Very unusual....I am ANGRY

DDD

I'm so unaccustomed to being furious that I am venting just to lower my blood pressure. It is not an earthshattering problem but :( I'm fuming. Just writing this should make me feel better......you don't even have to read it, lol.

I have unexpected company coming 10/1. I ordered new laminate for the guest bedroom and the MBR. The young man who "measures" used a high tech computer to estimate sq. ft. etc. and then said "did you have water damage in the guest bedroom?" "Yes, that spot was from a leak that was repaired five years ago and we just haven't repainted...a painter is coming tomorrow." That was it.

The major company that has done the other floors in the house just told me
:mad: that since "there is water damage" their installers will not lay flooring in my
house. They won't even do the MBR which is on the opposite side of the house.
OMG!

I figured there was a lack of communication. I explained. I added that I had the
guest room checked, the little area replastered and the entire room repainted
yesterday. I also pointed out that there is probably 80' between the two rooms.
Nope. They will not do any flooring until their installers have time to come out
and test the moisture in the Guest room. Their installers can't come out until
the 28th or 30th.

Cross your fingers that the other major store will do a fast forward and I can
be ready in time. Yikes, I can't tell you how chapped off I am. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wow... I am glad when we got our carpeting downstairs, the guy didn't ask... because the people before us put drywall over the existing moldy drywall...

klmno

I'd start calling another comany ASAP. The guy who did the estimate should have brought this up to you or if he wasn't high enough up on their totem pole, he should have communicated it to his boss so the boss could/would deal with it right away- by notfying you and by getting someone out there quick to do a moisture test. It sounds like they might even be using this as an excuse to put the project off because there was a scheduling error or something. I'd be fuming, too.

shellyd67

I would be furious especially if company were coming. Did you try Empire? Their commerical advertise next day service. You may pay more but it is worth a try! Good Luck!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DDD--

If I were you - I would call the first company and outright CANCEL the job. And when they ask you why, I would say "Well, I need this work competed by such-and-such a date, and since your company can't do it I need to find another company."

Either this will be fine and dandy with them (in which case, you don't really want to give them your business anyway) or they will make arrangements to meet your deadline.

Good luck!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think you should just conjure up a lugie and hock a big one........right of the top of the tallest building you can find....paaaaaaaaaaatooooooooooooooooie.

Check for people below...but there is something to be said about a woman just spitting.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Wow, I can't say I have ever heard of this. I never imagine a company turning down business. Isn't the house on a concrete slab? What significance is there to have water damage to the walls?

DDD

I wrote a long reply to you guys and then, ugh, my login went to logoff and I couldn't get back on. Frustrating!

Anyway, it is Monday morning and I have installers from "the other home store" in my MBR working hard. In the guest bedroom I have the laminate and a handyman is going to install it for me (fingers crossed that he really does know how
to do it!).

Home store number one is unhappy with their installers for shafting them out of a sizable job. The salesman whom I visited in person last Friday apologized and apologized and then told me that traveling district managers came to the store that day and he told them the whole story...they weren't pleased either!

Thanks for the support. Thank God that store #2 had an installation cancellation that allowed them to be there today.
I am eager to get home and see the results of the $$'s and stress. I hope it is another five years before I experience
anger again. I don't like it! DDD

PS: Fran the house is CBS with solid walls and in good repair. There is no dampness on the wall just a stain from
years ago that was blocked by easy child/difficult child's entertainment center so wasn't repainted. Weird, huh?