Very Very Cool Home Repair

susiestar

Roll With It
Maybe it is too many hours without sleep. Or too many "fishing expeditions" to get jessie's and my long hair out of the drains (cause no matter how many hair catcher drain filters you use, well, you still get problems).

Maybe it is being the daughter of a shop teacher and a woman who grew up working in a hardware store. Whatever it is,

THIS IS COOL!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/PermaFLOW-PF-07001-Never-Clog-Drain/dp/B0021L9BXS/

It is a new pipe that you replace the P trap under the kitchen and bathroom sinks with.

It is clear so you can SEE how clogged it is and you can SEE if you dropped Aunt Grizelda's favorite ring down the sink!

It has a knob you turn so that a "wiper" will push anything building up down the line before it can cause a real problem. IF it gets clogged before you catch it and use the wiper, you can divert water through an upper chamber and still use the sink until you can snake out the gunk or take it apart and empty it.

If you drop a ring you just go down the drain with a hook and pull up whatever it is.

We live out in the country. We get plumbing problems. I am our primary plumber though husband often has to lend his strength to the problem.

I want one or four of these for Christmas!!!

Watch the video. It explains it better than I can. Just TOO COOL in my humble opinion!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Haven't looked at the link, but it sounds about as cool as the bagless vacuum canisters that let you see all the gunk you've hoovered up :) I'll bet Santa could stuff a few of these in your stocking! ;)

mstang67chic

Going Green
I need one of those to prove to husband and difficult child that NO, we really DON'T have a garbage disposal. All of that food you dump in the sink? It STICKS!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Uh, isn't the trap where water sits so that you don't get a back up of sewer gas? My thinking is that what you would see in this clear pipe would be dirty water and after awhile it would be gunky, black water and trying to find that ring would be nearly impossible. If someone gets this I would be interested in seeing what happens after a couple of years........ don't know how much an "S" pipe costs, but thinking a screw on coupling would be cheaper for when clogs may happen..... it usually isn't that tough to unscrew and clean out. The hard part is getting under the sink and finding room to work....... just my 2 cents......

susiestar

Roll With It
This does have the mechanism that keeps the gas out. If you turn the dealie every once in a while it has a wiper that pushes the gunk out of the trap. It goes further down and usually doesn't have that curvy area to get stuck in. It lets you turn the wiper dealie to divert the water past the trap if you get a bunch of gunk clogging things. I would bet that most small snakes could maneuver through this if needed.

Even if it never works it LOOKS cool.

Star*

call 911........call 911
It is cool - but if you shed worse than a Pekingese? You can try using your vacuum wand and put it IN the tub over the drain to vacuum up hair. Just a little tip from your Merry Maid. Also a shedding monstrosity.

susiestar

Roll With It
Darlin, I shed enough hair to KNIT a pekingese every few days. If I could knit AND wanted a peke, that is.

Do you know that peke's can be great for dusting? I believed this for years.

My aunt had one of these and Princess's hair brushed the floor like a bridal gown's train. One of her ex's (the one she is married to now for the 2nd time - I always called him my Forever Uncle long before they reunited) trained Princess to walk along the hardwood floor under their bed in a pattern so that she swept up all the dust with her hair.

He figured it was fair trade for washing the dog every couple of days due to the long hair, LOL!