Vet Advice That Might Be Handy

susiestar

Roll With It
I ran across this on Pinterest and thought some of us might find it handy. We all love our furbabies and maybe this would make some of those hard times when they are sick easier on both us and them.

3db35db5df376197fbca3e77dd6e7add.jpg

Kathy813

Staff member
How timely for me, Susie. We just spent $300 on our little Gracie who kept me up all Friday night vomiting. She vomited 13 times in a space of 6 hours and scared us to death.

The vet ruled out pancreatitis with blood work and then palpitated her stomach after hearing that she had gotten into a bag of trash that morning. I mean literally was inside the bag of trash that was on the floor waiting to be taken outside. husband saw the bag moving and looked inside to see Gracie innocently staring back at him.

The vet didn't think there was any blockage so he recommended fluids, an anti-nausea shot, and barium to coat her stomach followed by a bland diet and medications. She finally stopped vomiting later that day and seems to be doing fine now.

It is so scary when something happens to our furbabies.

~Kathy

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad it came in handy. It is hard when a furbaby is sick because they cannot tell you what is wrong easily. I hate that.

I wonder about our normous Cap'n Morgan. He has been running into the wall more often. He isn't bumping into it. He starts at the end of the hall and runs as fast as he can into the wall or a door. Then he is a bit stunned for a while, but he does it again. Vet says he is an idiot and not sick, but I worry. Which is why I came to be looking for vet advice. Goofy idiot cat.