VickiL

VickiL

Thank you all so much! Your support means the world to me. I am doing okay, just taking one day at a time. We moved last weekend and I'm without a computer at home until I can try and figure out how to set it up again.

I won't lie, I am so, so sad and lonely and my mom leaves tomorrow to go home to CA and then we'll see how I do. I still have a lot of packing to do at the old house, but husband's work has got a crew together for 4 hours and a big truck for Saturday, so hopefully most of the basement and garage can get into storage.

I promise to post often when I get the home computer up and running. You all probably will be my support until I start my support group sometime next week. Friends and family are all out of state except one and my boss is more like a friend than a boss so she's been a wonderful support to have.

I will get through this, how, right now I just don't know, but I will and he told me to be happy and live my life and stay strong. So, I'm trying to honor this last request of his.

Thank you all again and I promise to stay in touch!!! I love each and every one of you!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just read.
I am so saddened by your loss.
My heart and support goes out to you.

TerryJ2

You all probably will be my support until I start my support group sometime next week.

Fine by us! Sometimes we're here in the middle of the night, too.

{{hugs}}

VickiL

Thank you all so much for caring!! I'm doing okay, I guess. Will be glad when the old house is all packed up and moved into storage this weekend (basement, garage, etc). I'm having Geek Squad install the computers at home on Saturday, so I will be in touch more here. I'm lonely, sad and more lonely. Songs kill me...listening to "Tupelo Honey" by Van Morrison right now, but I have to start doing these things I've always enjoyed.

Will fill you all in more Saturday night after the laptop is back up and running.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers...they do mean everrything to me right now.

Vicki

Fran

Former desparate mom
Vicki, I just searched and found the thread about the loss of your sweet husband. I am so sorry for the loss to you and your family. There must be an incredible void in your life.
Let us be of help by support. Know we are around and listening.
Many gentle hugs. I don't know what else to say or do. What a tragedy. I'm glad he was kind and loving enough to tell you to get on and have a life again. Of course, not now but with time you will heal.
:crying:

VickiL

Well, my computer is back up and running. I'm having a rough couple of days. Everything I see or do is reminding me of John and while I know this is normal, I just don't see how I am going to get through this. He was a part of my life for 30 years and well, how do you go on after that? I'm taking it one minute at a time now, and I am going to a support group on Tuesday if I can make my car go in that direction. I've been trying to do "normal" things today, like laundry and washing dishes, but I can only do that for so long. I've been listening to music and alternating between crying my eyes out and laughing and remembering good times.

I am just so lonely. We were together 24/7 when we weren't at work and it's so hard to be completely alone this weekend. It's the first weekend since he passed away that I am totally alone. My mom went home last week and Alex is at his girlfriend's house. He comes home tomorrow night, and I knew I had to get through this first weekend to even begin to heal.

Anyway, I am going to try and find something that I feel like eating, which is not much these days, and try and find something mind-numbing on TV to watch. I am just so tired, sad and so, so lonely and missing my best friend and half of me that I can't think clearly right now.

Thank you all again for being here for me right now...

mom_to_3

I'm so sorry Vickie. I hear your sadness. I'm glad your husband gave you the good times to remember. We're here for you.