Virtual House Warming Party for GoingNorth

Scent of Cedar *

I'm bringing a basket full of wonderful bath items; lavender bubble bath to soak away your cares, silky lotions and scented candles. Fuzzy slippers and a thick plush robe.

Only one robe, Tanya? What are the rest of us going to wear?!?

I will have to wear my snowpants with the hole in the seat, again.

Cedar

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm getting a little nervous about a housewarming party that requires us to wear bathrobes.

Actually, as of today, cats and I are in the apartment, and other than Squeaky having to learn how to walk on carpet, and Thomas trashing the vertical blinds in his fascination with the birds on the patio, things have gone quite well.

I am planning an early night, mostly due to recovering from the party and having to get up early to go back out to my friends house and clean up the mess the cats left from the going away party my friends held for them.

Where in heck is Raoul these days???

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Only one robe, Tanya? What are the rest of us going to wear?!?
LOL!! Well I didn't think it was going to be a sleepover. :p

I'm getting a little nervous about a housewarming party that requires us to wear bathrobes.
Okay, if this is the case then I'm bringing along a crew for each of us to have a total spa treatment as that's the only way I'm going to sit in a robe with a bunch of women.
SPAaaah-ClipArt-from-Coaster_full.jpeg

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
A crew?!? I'm wondering where in heck I'm gonna put all these bodies? I only have 780 sq ft! Management has delusions of "upscale-ity" and would object to the grounds being littered with non-residents wandering around in bathrobes sipping mimosas, no matter how fluffy the bathrobes.

Heck, I just got an invitation to a residents only pool party, the purpose of which is to sort of re-dedicate the pool as they have gone from pass-cards to key-fobs for access. I am debating attending if they will let me in in street clothing as opposed to a bathing suit.

I haven't quite gotten up the nerve to be seen in public in a bathing suit...or, translated, I haven't found a bathing suit that does an adequate job of "hiding" about 60 lbs of excess lard.

Not to mention that I'm a bit un-nerved at the thought of meeting all my neighbors as there are 240-some units in this complex and that's a heckuva lot of neighbors!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
:rofl:
A crew?!? I'm wondering where in heck I'm gonna put all these bodies? I only have 780 sq ft! Management has delusions of "upscale-ity" and would object to the grounds being littered with non-residents wandering around in bathrobes sipping mimosas, no matter how fluffy the bathrobes.
:rofl:

Heck, I just got an invitation to a residents only pool party, the purpose of which is to sort of re-dedicate the pool as they have gone from pass-cards to key-fobs for access. I am debating attending if they will let me in in street clothing as opposed to a bathing suit.
I would hope they wouldn't mind you going in your street clothes. Sometimes people enjoy sitting around the pool and have no intention of getting in it.

Not to mention that I'm a bit un-nerved at the thought of meeting all my neighbors as there are 240-some units in this complex and that's a heckuva lot of neighbors!
This is a good opportunity to meet some of your neighbors. Hopefully you will find some cat lovers:pet:

Scent of Cedar *

I would hope they wouldn't mind you going in your street clothes. Sometimes people enjoy sitting around the pool and have no intention of getting in it.

I wholeheartedly agree. Wear something you will be so comfortable in that you will forget what you have on. Or, as weavers of Persian rugs are said to do, create one small error. Maybe, colors that don't match exactly or outrageous sunglasses.

And then, you can forget about it and just enjoy being out there with the others.

I wish you perfect weather for the pool party, Going.

Cedar