Viruses of the Season

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I know several on the board are battling them. Seems to be a few strands out there that are particularily bad this year.

easy child tells me there is a respiratory flu that is knocking out patients and staff alike at the hospital where she works. It's one of the bad ones. And she sounds like she's coming down with it.

I've had a bristle brush feeling in my chest for the past few days. A cough with some thick phlem. Couldn't figure it out as my upper respiratory was fine. Figured it was just allergies as Bruce has been hanging around upstairs to do his job as family mouser. And I felt fine otherwise.

Last night I woke up choking on the phlem. Didn't get much sleep. Don't want to gross anyone out but what I coughed up this morning, after much hacking and trying to breathe, was thick green and tinged with blood. And only last night did the upper respiratory start to give symtoms.

I've had pneumonia twice. It's not that bad yet. But the potential is there. Weird part is how fast it's progressed without me even feeling bad. Although I'm having some upper repiratory, it's not enough to account for what's going on in the chest. Guess I should be glad I'm coughing this disgusting stuff up. :sick: I'm sending husband out for cough medicine in a short while.

easy child isn't in much better shape.

This is one heck of a virus. Strikes without warning. Wham. Right in the chest. I'm worried about both Darrin and Aubrey who have been exposed. I can see little ones having major problems with this bug, or the elderly. And I'm glad I had husband take mother in law her plate of dinner last night instead of me.

Hope everyone else who is battling it or other versions feel better soon.

((hugs))

F

flutterbee

Lisa, my doctor says the best expectorant is water.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

trinityroyal

Lisa, sorry that you've been struck by the nasty virus. I'm just getting over it, husband has been flattened, and I seem to be gearing up for round 2.

I found that a 2% saltwater solution, shot straight up each nostril first thing in the morning and again before bed did a great job clearing out the nasty phlegm that seemed to be clogging my sinuses and throat. (And yes, I had the same rainbow that you do).

And I've just finished a 10-day course of erythromycin, which seemed to take the edge off, but not knock it flat. It does seem to be an unusually strong bug, because the antibiotic dented but didn't kill it off. If I'm still feeling like carp tomorrow it's back to the doctor.

Hope that Darrin and Aubrey remain bug-free, and that you're up and around soon.

Sending hugs, and chicken soup.

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
I have the same thing. Two weeks now and I'm still coughing up nasty stuff and dizzy. I know a sinus infection, and this is not that. I feel I can't get enough sleep.

On a side note, all four of us in our department have the same thing. Small working quarters...I'm sure we've just passed it along.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't have what you are describing, but do have some kind of bug. No voice this am.

I have had quite a bit of relief from the sinusrinse bottle (does same thing as neti pot). I ALSO am MUCH relieved of ear pain by putting peroxide in each ear for a few minutes. It sounds bizarre when it is in there, and sometimes stings a bit, but is very helpful.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better soon!

trinityroyal

Oooh Susie, I like the peroxide in the ears thingy. I'll have to remember to tell husband about that. I'd forgotten how effective that can be.

Sending gentle hugs to all (after coating myself in sanitizer so that I don't "share")

Trinity

tiredmommy

Lisa,

Call the doctor. Thick green mucous tinged with blood could be pneumonia. It's worth a call. {{{Hugs}}} and chicken soup for you to feel better.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I laid down shortly after posting this.........and just woke up. It's after 3pm. Nothing like a 5 hour nap not long after you wake up for the day. sheesh!

Abbey and Trinity, darn.....sorry you have it too. This one's awful. The dizziness is driving me nuts. You two take care of yourselves.

TM if I don't see improvement soon it'll be the doctor or ER, which ever can see me soonest. First day of school is Monday. (just my luck)

Thanks for the chicken soup. Hmmmmmmm that's sounds good right about now. lol

M

ML

I hope you feel better soon. That sounds very nasty. I just got over something that attacked my voice and I lost it for a few days. Abby, I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Virtual Vit C for all!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Eeeesh! All of you stay away from me! Nothing like that going around here (in the house) but there has been a bit of a bug going around at work. So far only a couple of people but I'm keeping my eye on them! LOL

The only thing we DO have around here is pink eye. difficult child woke up last Sunday with it. We couldn't get him to the doctor till Monday but once we got his rx's, I had husband pick up a nice big can of Lysol and blasted anything difficult child might have touched. Poor kid missed our Christmas get together at my Dad's AND the new year's party at our friend's house. Although, I think their kids were more upset than he was. (They don't care if husband and I are there....they just want difficult child) LOL (And try explaining to a just-turned-4 year old what pink eye is! He now thinks that difficult child's eye is pink instead of blue)

Sending chicken soup and get well wishes to all of you who are feverish and coughing up rainbows (sorry but that Skittles commercial keeps going through my head.....Taste The Rainbow)

Headed for my nice little isolated and 'Lysoled within an inch of it's life' corner now.

trinityroyal

Sending chicken soup and get well wishes to all of you who are feverish and coughing up rainbows (sorry but that Skittles commercial keeps going through my head.....Taste The Rainbow)

If it tasted like Skittles, I wouldn't mind nearly so much...

Ducking, and slinking back to my corner...