Visit has come and gone

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, a week has come and gone with no word from J since our last conversation. This was my only time to visit as I'm on spring break. Things are not looking good. This is so frustrating.

Abbey

KFld

Sorry to hear the visit never worked out. I hope you are able to enjoy your Easter and hear from him soon.

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #006600"> i'm so sorry, abbey.

every time you & husband start to hope he's making progress he just disappoints you. it makes me so sad.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Well, guess he could be in trouble again, or could be he just doesn't think about contacting you. We always cringe when we don't hear from our son after about a week and a half, but surprisingly he has managed to stay out of jail (or at least he's getting smarter about getting caught). Sometimes he just says he's busy and hasn't had time to call, so who knows what is going on....

What I am trying to say is I'm hoping he is just being absent minded and has not contacted you. But either way these are HIS choices, not YOURS.

Thinking of you as you wait to hear from him.....</span>

:rolleyes: :faint:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, how utterly annoying! :grrr:

I hope everything is okay with J, Abbey. I know his silence must be worrisome.

How are you holding up?

Hugs,
Suz

SunnyFlorida

Sorry Abbey. The ups and downs are not easy. Now the unknown factor is probably causing you additional concern and/or worry.

I used to be a fan of "no news is good news" but we all know that's not necessarily the case with difficult child's.

(((sunny hugs)))

witzend

I have to say it is a lot easier when you have no expectations. Then there are no disappointments. :frown:

Sunlight

abbey, you have to think of him differently. he has shown you that he is inconsistent. ant never even called me on Easter even though it was his first one out of jail in three yrs. Why do we keep expecting them to be *normal* when they continue to let us know they are different???

J is not going to want to see you unless he is sober and doing well. ant is still apparently the prodigal son, eating the pig fodder, living a wasted life. so he doesnt want me to see it, he knows what I would expect from him.

it is not over yet. things can change. take care of your own depression and needs for now. let J take care of his.