Visit with Belle

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Belle seems to be doing fine... She was thrilled to see her family!

Apparently (I'll have to look into this) they came down with a new law in October which means she won't be going to prison because her violations are "minor" felonies. She thinks she will be out on probation after the hearing next Friday. She "might" have to go to a six month "thing". I don't know whether that's good or bad. She intends to move in with biogma temporarily... Hmm. And she's still all diamonds and roses about boyfriend (ugh).

I have to say that 3 months in jail and probation sounds like she snowed them again... Considering she ran to Florida... But... We'll see.

I'm kind of disappointed... I'd hoped she wouldn't be in contact with boyfriend, but apparently they are somehow.

She was amazed at how much Pat and Rose have grown, that I cut my hair, and she talked to us all. I was very pleased and proud of Pat, that he decided to go after all - and I made sure to tell him multiple times!

Rose seemed to understand that she should know this person, and acted as if she recognized her but wasn't sure why.

dstc_99

Glad the visit went well! I wish her the best but honestly I think a little less leeway and a lot less access to boyfriend would be awesome!

DammitJanet

Im glad the visit went well. I have to say Im a bit disappointed that they may let her out with what seems like a slap on the wrist. I truly feel that if they came down harder the first time a kid has a run in with the courts, the less likely they are to keep doing the wrong things. Or at least that is how I feel about mine. Im sure there are some kids that get scared straight the first time.

Nancy

Yeah I can imagine your disappointment with the boyfriend interest still and the moving in with biogma. But I'm glad she was happy to see you all and that the visit went well.