Visit with Kanga went well

JJJ

I had my first visit with Kanga in over a year (every other one was cancelled due to her dangerous choices). It went very well. I had insisted that two staff accompany her and that we not be left alone. She was very polite and handle herself well. This is the most stable I have seen her in almost 3 years. While she is in no way ready for a less restrictive enviroment, she is doing well within the structure. The true test will be the next time she swings manic, it will be important to see how many coping skills she is able to actually use in that state. Her next Residential Treatment Center (RTC) review is next week, please pray they continue residential funding.

DDD

You can count on me. My younger grandson is schitzoaffective plus and today was one of "those days" where my brain was blown. That makes me more than usually sensitive to your needs and Kanga's. Fingers crossed. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
JJJ... This is good... I really do hope they renew the funding. I'll be pretzeled up.

I will admit, though, when I saw the title I wondered if someone had hacked your account...

JJJ

Her funding meeting went okay. The funding lady made some comments about discharge at the end of the year but she did not pull the funding. Official written decision should arrive in two weeks. None of the staff are worried, but i'll feel better with the letter in hand.