Voila! Argument comes full circle

TerryJ2

So, difficult child spent the day with-a friend, and I knew that at the end of the day they would beg for a sleepover.

Of course they argued. difficult child's friend is as persistent as difficult child. In order to stall, difficult child wore no shoes, and friend wore no coat ... and it was 32 degrees. I sat in the nice warm car and listened to music, then watched friend jump up and down in the cold, wave to difficult child in his window, then bang on the front door. Quite amusing. They finally broke down and got into the car.

Then the real fun began.

"Why can't we have a sleepover?"

"Because Daddy has a cold."

"Why can't I sleep at friend's house?"

"You already had a sleepover this wk."

"Why can't I have another one?"

Friend chimes in. "Why?"

I turned the tables.

"Why didn't you spend the entire day scrubbing my floors?"

"Because blah blah blah..."

"Why?"

"Blah blah blah"

"But WHY?"

It went on for a full 10 min. until they got exasperated and both yelled, "Why are you playing this stupid Why Game?"

I asked them why THEY were.

"Because we're kids and you'll NEVER beat us at the Why Game and we're SUPPOSED to be pests."

Ohhhh! :hammer:

ROFL!!!!
:rofl:

Friend refused to get out of the car when I dropped him off ... climbed into the hatchback and insisted he sleep there. I turned off the engine and walked to the door, knowing they'd get chilled and he'd eventually get out and go home. I was right.

Why did I come home and have hot chocolate instead of a huge glass of wine? Why why why?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sounds like you handled it well! Persistent they were but you outwhyed them! No reason you can't still have that glass of wind (I did it in reverse order tonight and am sure the waiter thought I was crazy asking for a hot chocolate after my wine).