Arttillygirl

Provigil didn't do too much for my son. We are now trying Vyvanse.
It's supposed to be better for those who cannot take stimulants.
Anyone tried it yet and with what results?
B

jannie

trying to survive....
Vyvanse is a stimulant. It is made by the same company as Adderall.....My 10 year old has been taking Vyvanse since October. This was his first stimulant. I believe it helps him sustain attention..and helps with impulsivity and activity level. He is on a low dosage....and the doctor feels he should be able to take a whole pill, but it causes stomach issues so I open up the capsule and sprinkle some out.

I hope it works for your child.

JJJ

Tigger is on it after having failed trials on Ritalin & Adderall. So far, so good. We are at the end of his first month. Most of his trouble with a stimulant comes at the 3 month mark, so we shall see.

L

luvmyottb

Vyvanse has been so much better for us than Adderall xr. For us, let stomach upset, less irritability late in the day when wearing off and it seems to last longer. She can eat on it, vs. Adderall which really shut down the hunger.

My older easy child child has just ADD spaciness and no behavior issues. He takes it only on school days and is pulling A's. He can eat on it also. I really like it.

Good luck