Waahhhh! Weigh in tonight!

busywend

I do not think I lost anything! I had a fun weekend - 2 birthday parties! too much temptation! I caved!

I am back on plan, but I think there will be no weight loss this week. Boooo!
I wanted my 5 pound star!

On another note - I am still retaining water like crazy! I think I have to cave and start BiPolar (BP) medications! YUCK! I did not want to have a lifelong RX written just as I am about to turn 40!

What a year I am having! When can I wake up?

N

Nomad

BW...I know it is hard...but make sure you go.
The accountability is crucial. Everyone has challenging or up and down weeks. It is good to hear the talk as well. You'll get motivation. And sometimes, something will hit you strong and it will be ultra motivating.

I too work for WW. My Leader retired and some weeks I really struggle and I KNOW that I would really like to go back to weekly meetings right now.

I am three pounds over goal and struggling in a weird way to get it off. I'll get it off and then put it back. Some weeks are great...but then I get "cocky" or have "stress" put it back on. I know that normally, I would just go to my meeting and this stuff would not be happening...but again, my Leader is gone.

New plan:
So, I'm weighing in twice a month at the main office and then twice a month I'm going to my friend's meeting...kinda making my own schedule to replace my leader who retired. Folks know I work for the company, so I think it is a little intimidating to have me show up in their class week after week. I am such a huge fan, I don't want to miss out. I know it works. After awhile, I'll probably cut it back to 2x a month. I'm a long time Lifetime member. I know what to do...but I need the accountability and when I'm stressed...I need the support.

One more thing...be sure to ask your Dr. if you are a candidate for a diuretic. I take a blood pressure medication and my doctor put me on a diuretic twice a week.

Wishing you well.

We all need to live our lives, too. So, you had fun at the birthday parties! The fun you had, is just as good as that star! (just tell yourself it was). There has to be some indulgences, diets can't just be all suffering. You know what to do for next week!-Alyssa

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's always a struggle between the things we enjoy and the goal we want. If you haven't gained then it' s a good week. Sometimes life has to be lived.
I'm chuckling over your dislike of a daily prescription at 40 for the rest of your life. It's a pretty small thing in the scheme of your life. Control that BiPolar (BP). It's important for more than water retention.

Wiped Out

Staff member
BW-Go easy on yourself-the 5 pound star will be there next week. Remember it's a journey with ups and downs. There will be good and bad weeks and it's o.k. It's also o.k. to cave once in awhile. I've learned that sometimes when I deny myself something I end up eating more than if I just eaten what I wanted to begin with. I agree with Fran about controlling the BiPolar (BP)-it's important.

busywend

I lost .1

That is right, a tenth of a pound. But, it is a loss nevertheless!

Today I get my eyes checked. I get blurry vision sporadically (probably when my BiPolar (BP) spikes). I have never had an eye exam by a doctor. I have always had such good eyesight I just had the eye chart and that was it.

Anyway, I am going to put a call into the doctor today for a diuretic pill. It is too scary not to do something. Sometimes I do not even feel right, I can tell my BiPolar (BP) has spiked.

Thanks for the support ladies!

Wiped Out

Staff member
As I always say down is down. There have been many times I've been excited to just lose .2 (our scales don't do .1)!

trinityroyal

Wendy, As Sharon said, down is down.
When you consider your possible BiPolar (BP) spike and water retention, any loss is a great achievement, so good for you!

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Wendy,

we are still proud of you!!!! You are making a change and that's what counts. We all have off days, off weeks, and off months. Life is not a dash - sometimes when you slow down you win.

I also was going to suggest a diuretic. Let us know what the doctor says.

Sharon