waiting for the ball to drop!

Well today I am thinking about when he ever gets out of there what will I do then? What will I do if they send him to prison or if they send him to rehab? What do I do when he says can I come home? I dont know if I can take if anymore. He needs to live his own independent life on his own. I know it seems sad - we will always welcome him - especially if he is doing the right thing - I just dont think I can stand him coming in high, drunk or messed up anymore - it scares me to death. I am not getting any younger. We have come to the point in our lives where we do things we want to and sometimes we are not home all day. How can I let him stay here when we are not here - I cant. I cant believe I am talking about this! I missed my counseling appointment. the other day because of a Christmas program!!!!! I will reschedule!!!! Keep thinking of me.

Darlin,

Read the last post you did.

Now go back and read this entire thread.

How many times have you asked the same questions? I counted 3 worded exactly, and one hinting at it.

No, you CAN'T let him come home if/when he gets out. And that is ok. Does not make you a bad person.

Why are you wasting brain power worrying about this? it is not even in your hands...remember who is in charge? (if you forgot, just look up).

goldenguru

Well today I am thinking about when he ever gets out of there what will I do then?

I'll bet if I looked back at your posts I would find a question from you that said: "Well today I am thinking about when he gets caught and goes to jail - what will I do then?".

Stands - when the day comes, God will grant you what you need to deal with it.

If you can't have him back in your home - then so be it. (And I don't think there is one parent who would fault you for this decision).

State your intentions with him. Give him plenty of time to figure out an exit strategy. Then allow him the room to figure it out.

Remember: He is an adult. He is responsible for his own life. He is in control of his own choices.

Your job is to love him and pray for him.

Hugs stands.