Wall-E

susiestar

Roll With It
I took the kids to the first showing of this movie in our town today. Got there quite early as they wanted "good" seats.

It was a cute movie, a bit long for my tastes. Lots of message in there about sticking with someone, caring through problems, loving someone who is different, etc....

thank you was entranced thorough the movie, Jess was mostly interested but got bored in the middle a bit. I got pretty bored, but enjoyed being out with the kids.

(We learned last night that our theater has buckets for popcorn that are $9 BUT they get 50 cent refills through 12/31/2009. so we got one, it was a good deal as the kids already ate 3 full buckets (husband helped with one).

Might check your theaters, it is an Indiana Jones bucket.

Anyway, a cute movie your family may enjoy.

Andy

Thank you!!! My difficult child is looking forward to seeing it. I have a hard time finding time in the Summer for movies but will try to get this one in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
husband wants to see this one bad. Go figure. I've seen the previews and it doesnt float my boat. easy child invited me to go along with their family and I declined. Bad enough that I may have to grin and bare it with husband, I don't need to see it twice. lol

LittleDudesMom

I have no desire to sit through this one!! difficult child talked easy child and me into going to see Get Smart. I had no desire to see it as I never like the tv show. But, it was hilarious! Tons of laughs. I was pleasently suprised!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband really wants to see this too. He's planning on taking difficult child soon. I might tag along-the preview didn't look great but the reviews have been awesome!

Penta

Wall-E was made by a guy who used to live next door to my sister in a small town on the coast in MA. She knew his whole family when he was a kid...a very nice, ordinary family.

He also did Finding Nemo and modeled the seagulls after the ones in the harbor of the NE town!

He is such a creative genius at such a young age. (At least young to me!)

Andy

difficult child and I went last night - very sweet - I loved the part when the lady and man lost their technology and started really seeing what was around them (tiny side line of the show).

difficult child enjoyed it and laughed through most of it (was quiet toward the end but I am sure that was his anxiety coming to a head). I missed the last 2 - 3 minutes because easy child called and I went out to see what she needed but difficult child filled me in.

Not sure if I would see it again though?? Maybe! At first I thought ,"No", but the more I think about it....... Maybe!

The technology was amazing. The details!!! WOW!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Adrianne,

That was one of my favorite points in the movie too. Jessie and I both cried when Eva went silent and WallE couldn't revive her.

I think I will catch bits and pieces of it when it is on dvd and thank you is watching it.

The details and little side things like the 2 people touching and then seeing what was going on in a whole new way were really amazing. Technology has come so very far. I wonder if any of our kids realizes how amazing it is that we have the ability to do things like this??