Walmart - it's just plain weirdo ville -

witzend

...Actually... I have found that many items at Macy's are comparable in price to JC Penney or Sears... We got a Macy's in 2004, and in 2005 I got Onyxx's dress for my wedding to husband for $15... NICE dress, we're talking fancy Easter-type. Ruffly, etc.

We didn't have Macy's for years, but the equivalent was "Meier & Frank". I got the best dresses there. To this day I get dresses at JC Penney for under $30 that never fail to draw a compliment. Or the WAY WAY mark down rack at "The Rack." You just have to know what looks good on you.

trinityroyal

Funny...in my neighbourhood, Walmart is where the soccer moms hang out. Well, except at around 1 pm on Thursdays, when the benefit cheques are deposited. And late at night when the loons come out to play. Those times are a bit more...um...diverse, but not crazed. And our greeter is a little West Indian woman who has to be about 250 years old. Reminds me of my Great Auntie Maggie in her heyday.

No, for truly crazy behaviour you have to go downtown to the little boutiques in the "colourful" neighbourhoods. I used to work in one of the colourful neighbourhoods when I was fresh out of university. Lived nearby as well. Decided to get a job in a better neighbourhood (and a new home too) the day I was chased down the street by a man in the midst of a psychotic break -- where I took refuge in a small fabric shop behind bolts of black satin until he went away -- and came home to find a homeless man asleep on my front porch.

Walmart has nothing on Kensington Market.

TerryJ2

Janet, speaking of window shopping at Victoria's Secret, I crack up every time I see women in military fatigues and combat boots standing in line with-awesome lace push-up bras. Alrighty, then!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I WON!!!!!!!!!! I WON!!!!!!!!!! best two out of three on rock paper scissor!!!!!!!!! DF had to go to WM............OMG I had no idea it could be so LIBERATING!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE HAD AN ISSUE of his own........ROFLM WALMART dragon car off..........(secretly covets that wagon for the "D.A. ranch") ahahha.......

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH and just to prove to you the "SPEED" at which terrapins move in this county. I have a home alarm. It's a Criminal Domestic Violence Alarm........I've NEVER EVER had to use it. But it is supposed to bring the law to your door sirens and lights blazing - at light speed. Apparently it malfunctioned last night at 2:13 AM...........The law arrived at 3:14 AM. I'm telling you.........THIS is why I know karate --------and 6 other Asian words and can shoot like Annie Oakle, live with 5 pit bulls, and planted "deterrent" bushes under the windows".

muttmeister

I've been receiving annoying and misleading phone calls trying to get me to buy a home alarm system (in spite of the fact that I'm on the "do not call" list. I usually just hang up without saying a word but I got really annoyed a couple of days ago and I told the guy that I have 2 big dogs and a gun and I don't need his @#$%^ alarm system. He actually laughed and hung up on me. LOL

DammitJanet

I have been getting phone calls talking to me about my mortgage. Now this would be interesting except I have no mortgage...lol. I let the guy go on and on the first time but the second time I just cut him off short and said...I have no mortgage. And hung up.

Star*

call 911........call 911
well I didn't know it but DF went out the door with his pistol.........(slaps head).........and when he saw blue lights on the other side of the field? He went back in the house and secured his weapon. Then went BACK OUT with his hands UP in the air......because the police by that time had drawn down on him and yelled "CITIZEN where is your weapon?" .........:itwashim3:He had his hands high, and said it's secured in the house, ammo out......and so they holstered their weapons......and came up and talked to him........but NOT ONCE did they ever ask to see ME.........(um this is a domestic violence alarm for ME) and not once did they as to see HIS ID. HOLY SMOKES........SO if he had been my ex.......and had me tied up in the house.....and I was being tortured? Yeah.......I called in and talked to the caseworker about it.......but HOLY.......)(*)$*(i .......ROOKIE move.

To their credit - they told DF they did come "#()@ a blazing" and DF said .......Blinking.......Well thanks. He said they stood there like they wanted him to applaud. When he found out the alarm went off an hour ago he said GOSH now I wish I had applauded.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh and janet........I gave them YOUR number. I couldn't think of my number one day.......hahahaha (evil laugh) hahahaha.

donna723

Janet, I have been constantly getting phone calls from some place that leaves messages on my machine because I never answer. They say that they've been reviewing my credit card accounts and they can lower my interest rates. That would be a neat trick if they could pull that off because I have NO credit cards!