Want to make a photo montage with

witzend

music that I select. Powerpoint doesn't do this. Does anyone know of a good free program that I can use to do this?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet has used Smilebox.com in the past. I'm not sure if you have to choose their music or can upload your own...

My easy child came with Windows DVD maker, you can check to see if you have that already loaded. I made difficult child 1's lacrosse team slideshow with my own music that I was able to edit using that program (only wanted parts of certain songs). I had never done a project like that and it was fairly easy for me to navigate.

witzend

Smilebox requires an upgrade to choose your own music. I'll look to see if I have the "windows dvd maker". Knowing me I probably deleted it because I got tired of it popping up...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
The Windows MovieMaker is great for this. I made a whole DVD set up for my Mom, and she just cried and cried and laughed and hugged...Then I made a DVD for my friend W's daughter's wedding and am working on one for her son's...

donna723

You might try picnik.com. It's a free photo editing site that I've just started playing around with so I'm not sure what all it will do, but it's worth a try anyway. So far I've only used it to crop photos, brighten them up, etc., but it looks like it will do a lot more.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I've used the Windows Moviemaker that came with my computer. I got frustrated trying to time the music with the pictures and figuring out how to loop it, but it eventually did the job.

DammitJanet

I wasnt smart enough to figure out moviemaker at the time and bought smilebox. I just pay 5 bucks a month and you could simply pay the 5 bucks once and stop the subscription after you do it for what you want. It is really easy to use. Now there is another one...cant remember the name off the bat which is very good but it is pricey.

Marguerite

I remember difficult child 3 did a presentation for school on PowerPoint and used music and sound effects. We had to make him scrape out his presentation because we had to email it to the school and the file was just too big for our old dial-up to cope with it.

I'm thinking - if your current PowerPoint won't do it for you, maybe an older version? I'll go ask him. Or now I've posted here, husband might be along with his advice.

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Just a note on Windows DVD Maker - it locks up my laptop every time I try to use it... It's entirely possible that I'm the only person with this issue, but I gave up...