Want to Save Gas? Go.....

Lothlorien

Wouldn't really work in NY, since the right hand turn laws are different than any other state. Not sure it would work in the very rural area where I live either. Could be 30 miles out of my way.

witzend

Being a lefty, given a choice and no knowledge of where I'm going, I always chose left!

But, I am getting a GPS for the car for Mother's Day. No more calls to husband in a panic - "I'm over on the other side of the river by the Catholic High School, how do I get where I want to go? How do I know where I am? I'm turning around in a driveway right now!"

I swear, no one around here knows where they live anymore. It's probably because ""Lake" street becomes "Railroad" avenue which becomes "Harmony" road which becomes "Sunnyside" road which becomes "Hwy 212" all in a matter of ten miles. And it's all the same street! Not to mention the "Circle" "Loop" "Ave" "Drive" "Road" "Street" "Lane" "Blvd" all on streets with the same name!

donna723

I guess it could work. For me, if I kept turning right over and over again, I'd be going around and around the block and eventually I'd get probably get discouraged and frustrated at not getting anywhere and just park it, thus saving gas.

On the good side, I could NEVER get to work that way!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Loth - you're right, rural wouldn't work at all and I don't know the NY rules. I'm amazed at how UPS was able to do what they did but hey, it works for them!

Witz- getting lost in a bread box? Glad you are getting GPS, sounds like a good idea but I can just imagine you talking back to it too when it tells you where to go and there is a problem with what it tells you to do (nice visual and funny as heck). I will often turn left in doubt myself but I don't get lost too often thankfully either. (by the way, I'm not left hand though)

Donna - that was too funny! Yup you'd save gas alright and wonder why you even left your house to begin with. But if you never got to work would it really be a good thing?