Wasnt there someone here who needed really large diapers for their child?

DammitJanet

I just learned about a program in my state that offers incontinence supplies to people who need them and they are paid for by NC Medicaid. Now I am sure NC is not the only state that is on the cutting edge of this. They send the pads that you can put underneath a person and also the various types of supplies depending on what you want. I like the Depends that are like pullups because I only have to use them when I am really sick and I could so badly. But they sent me like 4 huge containers with probably enough to last me all year. I sure hope I have to call for a refill...lol.

If anyone else here has this issue with their elderly parent and they are on medicaid...or...gosh I know it was a kid we were talking about,, I just cant remember the name...look into your state for this program.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That is really awesome Janet because those things are expensive!

I picked up some for free with a coupon a while back and I'm holding on to them not quite sure what I'm going to do with them yet. But shoot, they were FREE and because I know how much they cost there was no way I was passing that up.

susiestar

Roll With It
There was a guy who came here for one post who had a 13yo that he had to keep in diapers. I think you are thinking of him. Not sure if he is still around or not.

DammitJanet

That might be him. I knew it was someone and they were asking about diapers. But...if anyone else knows anyone...perhaps an elderly parent or relative, please let them know about this.

buddy

Yeah there was recently a man and his son could not use the pull up kind because it did not contain the issue well enough. Quin's insurance paid for all pull-ups and diapers after age 4 and we had them sent to us thru a company that billed MA for us, really easy and convenient. That was 11 years ago but I think other parents around here have said it is covered still.

Glad yours are covered. Coughing and sneezing can really mess things up!

keista

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll have to look into it.

DD1 needs them less and less, but still needs them for nighttime. So frustrating. At least she is getting better at tossing them out! YAY!