Watching HEROIN(E) on Netflex

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
Incredible walk through life of heroin addicts, Fire and Rescue, prostitutes, a lady with the Brown Bag Mission, success stories of former addicts and an awesome Judge in drug court. It is about Huntington, WV which is the number one Heroin city in US.

Eye opener and this is just in one city.

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
The nurse/EMS gal who administers the narcan said just in their county in a year the costs of healthcare, rescues, narcan has reached 100 million. She feels our nation will go bankrupt at this rate.

Positive note was the Judge and drug court, she was so supportive but also tough love when she needed to be. They have a drug recovery program they received a grant for to help addicts turn their lives around. They graduate and get hugs from the Judge in the courtroom. It sounds promising. Maybe other cities will follow their program.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. I'll look for it on Netflix.
I have a friend who's son committed suicide because he couldn't shake the addiction. He was raised in a really good home, mom stayed at home, dad was a lawyer. He was a good kid, never got into any trouble. When he went to college one of his "friends" introduced him to heroin. His mom and dad put him in rehab 4 times. So tragic and heartbreaking.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I watched it tonight. Both heartwarming and dad. I have to admit as a young nurse I pounded Naran into people with a low regard for their plight. Clearly living this nightmare vicariously theory my son.
The Nurse/ chief of fire fighters is a true inspiration to us all.

StillStanding

I watched it. I thought it was interesting.

A close friend's brother went to the ER last week over dosing. My friend described how the health care workers were pretty cold and impatient with him.

Littleboylost

I watched it. I thought it was interesting.

A close friend's brother went to the ER last week over dosing. My friend described how the health care workers were pretty cold and impatient with him.
Sad but true. See. A lot of opinion based neglectful care at the bedside.

Littleboylost

I watched it tonight. Both heartwarming and dad. I have to admit as a young nurse I pounded Naran into people with a low regard for their plight. Clearly living this nightmare vicariously theory my son.
The Nurse/ chief of fire fighters is a true inspiration to us all.
That should read sad not dad....and through not theory. Auto correct ugh!

Sam3

I wonder if I could or should watch this or Breaking Bad, Narcs etc.

This forum might be exposure therapy enough -- a soft medium.

Bart

So Much Fun-Not!
I watched that too and a couple other documentaries on Heroin. My ex-daughter in law is a heroin addict and it's just so horrible!