Water and potatoes

Wiped Out

Staff member
What a long weekend as far as difficult child is concerned! He "won" a water gun at a pizza place. We've found water everywhere-furniture, floor, carpeting! I suppose it is asking too much for him to listen about using it outside (another toy that he'll lose for a period of time-and he seriously wonders why we said no to a paint gun for his birthday:crazy2:)

Today he was flicking mashed potatoes around at dinner-he got some in my hair and I was none too happy because I had just washed my hair and dried it (it is long and takes about an hour to air dry before I use the blow dryer to finish). Then he was mad at easy child (who was egging him on) and threw potatoes at her. After that I went to open the bathroom door and there were potatoes on the door handle. Walked back into the kitchen and I stepped in potatoes-argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess he didn't do a good job cleaning them up (husband had difficult child clean the mess which he should, just wish he would have double checked it).

Thanks for listening to this vent!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Aaarrgh! Sounds like my difficult child 2 -- even when he's NOT trying to make a mess, he manages to track stuff everywhere... including food. Where's a hungry puppy to lick up the taters when ya need one? :p

graceupongrace

Dear WO,

I would have replied sooner, but I've been busy sweeping up the crumbs scattered about by difficult child, who thinks the couch in the family room is a much better place to eat than the tables in the breakfast room or dining room. :tongue: He always prefers bagels, cereal, etc. to the balanced meals I prepare (and I'm actually a very good cook). I keep telling him that if he eats all the breakfast foods for dinner, he'll have to start eating dinner foods for breakfast.

Sometimes it's the little things (like potatoes) that will put you right over the edge!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Andy-Those two emoticons show exactly how I was feeling!

Jannie-I'd never heard that-I'll make sure I don't let difficult child know or he'll have found a purpose in throwing his potatoes-lol.

Gvcmom-Ella, our dog, was in the kennel (we have her there when we eat so we can eat in peace), wish I had thought to let her out, those potatoes would have been gone quickly!

Grace-Our difficult children might be twins! Mine hates eating in the kitchen-he too prefers chairs! You are so right about it being the little things that can push you over the edge!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Sharon--

So, I suppose that in addition to the paint gun, a potato gun would also be out of the question?

:tongue: Sorry, just trying to make you smile!

--DaisyF

lizanne2

Oh boy, I don't know what to say. My difficult child just plain broke lots of things this weekend............just cuz he was edgy, happy, tired.....
And said after he broke one of the good plates while trying to perfect his breaking pitch while practicing in the kitchen........don't you just love having a special kid!

This is the same kid who was picked off in the baseball game because he was practinging handstands on second base?:redface:

aarrgghhhhh.....hopefully today will better and cleaner!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Daisy-Thanks, I did smile (a potato gun-oh the horror).

Lizanne-No huge messes from difficult child today so in that way it was better. Handstands on 2nd base-too funny-! My difficult child played t-ball one year and that was it-all he did was goof around and play in the sand when he was in the outfield.

TerryJ2

Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, been there done that. But it sounds like Dennis the Menace.

One of my fave things to do as a kid, was to squish mashed potatoes out of my mouth, between my teeth, at the dinner table, eliciting horrified laughter from my little sister, who was a relatively tame difficult child. She attracted so much attention that by the time my parents thought to look at me, I had retracted the potatoes and swallowed them, and had the look of a perfect angel.
My sister always got punished and I always got off scot-free.

I think she's still mad at me. ;)

The good thing about water, Sharon, is that it dries.
The good thing about potatoes is that they don't stain. (Unless they're covered in butter.)

I assume you are taking away the water pistol until further notice?