Water filter systems?

flutterby

Fly away!
Wondering what the best, affordable water filtration system you guys like? No one I know uses one.

We have city water and it's bad. You can smell the chlorine when you turn on the faucet. difficult child and I drink bottled water, but that gets expensive fast. And now even the dog goes outside to drink rain water I collect in a bowl rather than drinking from her water dish in the house that I fill from the sink.

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Mom ===ASK My mom - shes the only person I know that filters EVERYTHING -

Because you drink it - it goes into your body

You bath in it - the skin is the largest organ

You brush your teeth with it - again -

I think all her taps and showers are Brittas -

Her house is older and she doesn't trust the pipes but they all hook right on the spiggots.

I think if she could? She'd filter that water into the thing Haozi showed and use that. lol.

flutterby

Fly away!
Yes, I mean for drinking. Thanks, Haozi. Star, your mom is hilarious.

I thought maybe I was just a water snob or something, but even the dog won't drink the water now. Have to do something before it stops raining all the time...

susiestar

Roll With It
You can usually find the pitchers at goodwill and thrift stores. I haven't NOT seen one on a trip to a thrift store in years. Most brands filter about the same. We have used several different kinds over the years - brita, pur, and a couple of other brands. Go for the cheapest one.

My husband used to do EPA research on water quality and he says any of the pitchers are good - all are about the same. The problem with the ones that hook on your faucet is that once it is full, has filtered it quota of water, it will start sending water through that not only isn't filtered but is carrying out stuff that was filtered out of the water. So the water is dirtier than the straight tap water. So just be sure to change the filters as often as recommended.

MOST bottled waters are just tap water from another area. No matter what they say, this is the dirty truth about bottled water. You can also try the machines at the grocery that you put a gallon jug in. They are about 40 cents a gallon and do a very good job of cleaning the water.

KTMom91

We used the Brita pitchers for years, until we got a fridge with a filtered water dispenser. Miss KT has a Brita pitcher at school.

H

HaoZi

We use the one I linked to because it's easier for Kiddo to get her own water using the spigot on it than trying to pour from a pitcher (can you say puddle?). It also holds a lot more than a pitcher, and the way she can through water at times that's a blessing.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had to use a Brita for years because the city I lived in had AWFUL water.

The water made Weasel puke when she drank it. It was horrible.

Even now, I work on a military installation in that city - and we get water delivered. because it's just nasty.