way off topic! ectopic pregnancy

Dixies_fire

Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy and if so how did you find out about it? Did it show up with a home test? What where your symptoms? You can pm me if you prefer.

I dropped my other mommy group because there is too much drama, where this might be better placed but most of us are women and maybe someone has been there done that here?

I am beginning to fear this might be happening to me and am kind of afraid to take a test because I just don't think I can face anything else right now.

Californiablonde

My first pregnancy was ectopic. I didn't even think I was pregnant at all. I had what I thought was my period but I had a bunch of pain on one side. I went to the doctors thinking it was an ovarian cyst or something. They insisted on doing a pregnancy test even though I told them I wasn't pregnant because I was having my period. They did a blood pregnancy test anyway and it turned up positive. I was shocked. I got sent to the hospital for an ultrasound. Sure enough, the pregnancy was in the tube. Luckily I was only about two months along and it wasn't big enough to rupture yet. Had it ruptured I could have bled to death and died within minutes. The hospital performed surgery on me that night and removed the pregnancy. At first I was devastated and thought I could never become pregnant again. Then couple of years later I got pregnant with difficult child and it was a normal pregnancy. If you really suspect you have a tubal pregnancy you need to get it checked out ASAP. It could be life threatening. I will pray that's not what it is, but you do need to see a doctor.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Depends on the person.

You can have an ectopic pregnancy that seems perfectly normal..........until it suddenly isn't.........severe pain in either groin area (depends on which tube is involved) is the general red flag.

Or you can have one that has you sort of crampy, spotting...........

And yes, all preg test will come up positive. You're pregnant, even with an ectopic, the embryo just didn't make it out of the fallopian tube to implant into the lining of the uterus.

If you suspect, even the slightest suspicion, this is an issue with you, get thee to the ER ASAP. Ectopic pregnancy is an emergency situation. The tube can and eventually WILL rupture......(seriously you do not want that) rupture can cause hemorrhaging. You need an ultrasound. Now.

Niece had 2, one after her tubes were tied. (doctor did a cruddy job of it) Second one nearly killed her because she was reluctant even though she recognized the symptoms because she supposedly could not get pregnant. ugh

(((hugs)))

Dixies_fire

Okay well I took a test and it came out negative, I had my tubes tied less then six months ago and have been feeling very raggedy and have missed two months on my monthly visitor. But it was negative so I'm glad about that.

L

Liahona

Aren't you sick with a fever and mr.lewis too? On top of the stress of hubs, and discharge, and moving, and kids, and body getting back to normal after birth, and depression. That has got to affect your cycle.

Dixies_fire

Yes and I was never terribly regular to begin with plus I'm breast feeding still but less but I've had something every month to let me know I was alright I looked at a calendar today and was kind of like oh koi it's been almost two months and no friend. So sick of this I feel so worn out.

busywend

For whatever reason, Iron Deficiency popped into my head. I have no knowledge of that, but felt compelled to mention it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Busy has a good point. You're nursing. Iron deficiency is common in pregnant / nursing mothers. It will make you feel run down, ragged, and if low enough it will make you feel sick. You can buy the cheap OTC prenatal vitamins from walmart (if you're not still on them) and see if that helps. If not, pick up an iron supplement.......but be watchful of constipation. I say try the prenatals first because you ARE nursing and the extra vitamins certainly won't hurt either of you.

Hope you feel better soon. Hard enough to deal with the stress, pure hades to do so when you feel like total crud.

((hugs))