Way too early

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm up way too early thanks to difficult child. He woke us up at 2:30 to ask husband to tuck him in. He does this often and it isn't worth the effort to not get up to tuck him in because then we never get back to sleep because he won't stop making noises and complaining til someone does. No consequences seem to stop him at this time in the morning.

This time I couldn't get back to sleep and then at about 3:15 he came in our room with his pillow and blanket to "sleep" on our floor. Once in a great while this works. Not this morning!! He kept making noises til I finally got up. Then he follows me down the stairs-GRRRRRR! husband is up too because he couldn't sleep either and has to drive a friend to the airport at 4:30.

difficult child, of course, is up and happy as a clam. He keeps talking to me all nice because now we are all up and I shouldn't be mad any more!!! He truly doesn't get why we're upset. We've told him he can get up and come down by himself but no, he wants others up too (I think part of it is his anxiety kicking in, he doesn't want to be the first one to go downstairs-too worried someone might be there but I just don't have any sympathy right now). He just asked husband for a hug and husband said no; he told him he didn't want a hug this early in the morning.

You can bet at around 6:30 when we need to get him up he'll be sound asleep and impossible to wake up. I sure hope this is a one night thing because when he starts losing sleep he starts spiraling.

He will have consequences later for this-not sure what yet (I'm open for suggestions) but when he wakes up in the middle of the night next time he won't care.

O.k. thanks for listening to me whine.

by the way, before I finished typing this difficult child got out of his "nice" mood and is now acting like a total difficult child.

Wish me luck as I'm going to try and get back to sleep now (since husband is up I'm sure he won't be up to bother me).

by the way, the reason this is in purple is I was actually going to start the good morning thread and then realized I needed to get out this vent instead because I would have been way too whiny on the morning thread.

So sorry! been there done that and it absolutely rots!

The first thing that popped into my mind is natural consequences. I'm sure he is going to want you or your husband to do things for him later in the day. However, you just can't because you're way too tired.

Hoping tonight you get a good night's sleep! SFR

keista

Good morning!

Not sure what to hope for here. If difficult child finally went to sleep, then you can't get him up, but if he doesn't sleep, nothing good is on the horizon. OY! I guess we can hope for tonight's sleep and that everyone gets some.

T

TeDo

Sharon, I so feel for you. difficult child 1 has problems sleeping right now and we have FINALLY gotten him to either go downstairs alone or crawl in bed with me or his brother WITHOUT WAKING US UP. I don't understand either how they can do this and still function but they do. The psychiatrist is even considering ordering a sleep study but are going to see if a weighted blanket (when it finally gets here) helps first. difficult child 1 is VERY "out of sorts" (MORE irritable, demanding, rigid, argumentative) when he has had more than 1 night of not enough sleep. The last 2 days have been bad and now he had a bad night again last night.

{{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you hon. Sending extra strong coffee your way!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Omg, I can't believe it. When I got up at 6:00 he was still awake-very unusual. I went to get his morning medications and there sat his medications from last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have never forgotten a night dosage of his medications before and very rarely even the day ones. What happened was last night we got home late (for us-6:30) so I got out difficult child's medications as soon as I walked in the door (he usually takes it at 6:00). I told him to take them and husband said he would make sure difficult child did in a minute as they were in the middle of a conversation. Apparently husband forgot and then when he saw them later he thought I had already gotten out his morning dose (even though it's not the exact same medications) so he didn't think anything of it.

I guess he slept all the way to school and according to difficult child he slept the first 3 hours of classes this morning. Yikes!! In the end it was our fault because he didn't get the medications. Hopefully that was the last time that happens!

InsaneCdn

Yee Gads!
At least you have an explanation that makes sense... which means, you are more in control of whether it happens next time.

I'd end up paranoid about the night dose and double checking it every evening...
<sigh>

Is this why your handle is "Wiped Out"?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Insane-Ironically it's Wiped Out because when I joined the board I was up almost all night every night because difficult child wasn't on any medications at the time and never slept! Seriously husband and I would tag team but we'd be up for hours on end. difficult child needed so little sleep and was like that energizer bunny. He was always so manic! I'll never forget those sleepless nights!

crazymama30

Sharon I hope it is just because he didn't get the night medications. The majority of the time here difficult child is a good sleeper. I am grateful for that. He will every do often have issues with sleep, but is the exception not the rule. I hope things settle.