We are going to dinner at the Principal's house tonight!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
YIKES! Yeah I know, how did this happen?
I was talking to her and we got to talking about traveling and how we were from Idaho and husband was up there and had driven.
I told her how we had spent lots of time all over Idaho and Both husband and I had spent time in Montana and Jackson Hole...
Well her daughter is up in Jackson Hole for a little bit of time. Principal is traveling all summer in that direction.
She asked us to come by her office and we could look at an atlas.

Well time passed, I e-mailed her that I had a ton of maps and info about all of these places and I could drop them off at her office because I knew she was busy.

She wrote me back that she would love to have us over for dinner! A map party so to speak.
I could not say no.
She is really a neat woman. She travels with her dog in her trailer every summer and pulls her motorcycle.

Me and the family are leaving in about 45 minutes!!!
The girls are trying on dresses right now. :D
But K is on edge. Dr. Y specializes in Mental Health and loves kids especially special needs!
So this is actually great for her to see both of my kids! :tongue:

The girls painted the rocks for her.:redface:
We are also giving her a rock that we brought from Idaho that is a good luck/ worry stone.

Wish us luck. I am nervous but calm.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
How cool is THAT?! Awesome! I hope the girls, especially K, relax and enjoy themselves when they are there. Sounds like it will be a nice evening -- and YOU don't have to COOK! :p

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
This sounds like a very nice evening. Sending good thoughts that K holds together but it sounds like the principal will be okin any case.

beth

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Wow! She is a pretty neat person.
The girls played with her dog. She made Arroz con Pollo. (Rice and Chicken) Very good and a Blackberry Cobbler. She is from the south.
She pushed adult beverages. ;) We had some wine.
We just sat around and talked about our lives and were we all were from. Family etc.
How she got the job.
This is her 3rd year here.
The girls played some games. We watched part of a AZ, Diamondbacks game. HUGE fan.
She offered to watch the girls if we ever wanted to go to a game up in Phoenix.

It was very relaxed and comfortable.
We talked about travel in the end.
Girls started getting restless and N flat out said, "I'm tired"
So we left, hugs all around and well wishes for her trip.

The only negative was she mentioned that hopefully the budget cuts do not hit our school, and she can keep her job. SHe said it with a smile.

crazymama30

Wow. Don't know if I could handle that though. I get almost ill going to the principals office, if I went to their house I would probably have a panic attack!! lol

I think my reaction is due to too many bad experiences. It sounds like a great time, and a good way to start a relationship with a principal, much better than when they call you to come get your child.

Here's hoping she keeps her job.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a great experience! Sounds like a very nice person who will hopefully help advocate for K while she's at this school. Glad you had a good time. :D