We are good people

Marguerite

I just felt I needed to say this and people needed to hear this.

For some of us it has been a harrowing few days, following on from a sometimes draining few months (or more). I just want to express pride in my friends on this site, share how much I care about you all and value you for your compassion and insight. Insight, especially.

When we read other people's posts here and put our thinking caps on, let us always keep in mind the need to be practical as well as compassionate. And honest, always. There is always value in truth, far more than in merely telling someone what we think they might want to hear. We come here because we need people who have been before us, who can give us the benefit of their wisdom. And then we pay it back, to others who come after.

And I am so proud of you all, for how well you do this when in your lives things are often still way off balance.

Thank you to all of you, my friends.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I must not have been paying very close attention, so sorry I missed whatever went on.

Big hugs to everyone here, without you, my path with difficult child (and easy child and H at times) would been unbearable!Nice note, Marg!

Last edited:

crazymama30

Well said Marg. Thank you. I have found more support here in situations with both my husband and difficult child son than I could anywhere else, and I have looked. I have attended various support groups, and for the most part found too many people to be very enabling, and I struggle enough with that!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Thank you - as helpless as I've felt in the last couple of years, especially this last week, that was very well timed.

And, as usual, concise and to the point - but clearly much, much more than that.

:grouphug:

DammitJanet

Marg, have I ever told you how much I appreciate you? You are such a smart and capable woman. I am honored to consider you a friend.

T

TeDo

Thank you so much for that Marg. I have found a lot of support here and try to return in kind. Because everyone's experience is different, I have found ways to deal with things that I never would have thought of AND the strength to do it. Thanks to all of you. I just love you guys!!!

:kisses:

InsaneCdn

Marg -

Ya beat me to it - and said it better than I ever could have.

I'd like to add one more word, though... humour. There's been times when someone else's wry sense of humour about some situation has given me the only smile I've had all week!

So, I'd better add my thanks, too.

Marg,

Thank you! I'm so glad you started this thread!

Before I found this site, I felt so all alone. My close friends only have PCs. husband and I don't have any family nearby and the family we do have, for the most part, we're better off without. My difficult children were at their difficult child "best" and I knew I needed to find somewhere to go to for support, advice, etc... When I first found this site I didn't think an on-line support group would be helpful. I've never been more wrong in my entire life!

This really is my safe place, the one place I come to when I'm feeling down, need advice, a laugh, etc... The people who come here are the absolute best! SFR

DammitJanet

Upallnight, you better not be scared! I would come hunt you down with my fairy dust gun...lol. Dont make me do that. Im not a well woman and would probably be limping all over heck and all creation before it was over. You wouldnt want to be responsible for that now would you?

klmno

Thank you, Marg!

People here are like my family and it is true that telling a person the truth (even when it's being told to me) in a kind, constructive way is much more beneficial sometimes than always hearing what we want to. And like in "real" families, sometimes I, as others, get my feelings hurt or get angry but I try to work it out with the member privately via PM. I really appreciate the fact that when this has occurred, we've always been able to clarify, apologize, or whatever needs to be done to work thru it and get past it and move on, still being friends on the board, at least to the best of my knowledge. At least for me, this ability alone has proven helpful when it feels like I'm dealing with several difficult children in the real world. This board and my two dogs are the only two consistent "things" in my life over the past few years and I greatly appreciate the stability, feedback, support, and cyber-friendship.

And, yes, humor!

Malika

Yes, I add my thanks to Marg for voicing the thought and to the board for being there... This forum has given me so much knowledge and support, and above all has enabled me to put my son's behaviour and issues in a wider perspective, to understand and deal with them better. We try to help and show solidarity to each other and it's a powerful and moving example of compassion in action, I feel. Thank you to all. :)