We are putting Sophiegirl down tonight

Star*

call 911........call 911
Many, MANY hugs and lots of love for you tonight! My heart goes out to your family, and Sophie.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Jo, I truly believe that no living thing dies until everyone has forgotten about it. At night, I sometimes hear one of our deceased dogs panting and pacing around our bed. It frightened me at first but I'm okay with it now. After we had to put down our first golden, I heard her typical "ouf!", a sound she made when she would lie down. She did that because she was old and her body hurt. I know how she felt because I go "ouf!" now.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H and I took Nala and Izzy for their morning walk and it was strange without our Sophie, I can't even look over at her grave yet...but after we came back, I felt compelled to go give her a treat. I know that Nala notices her absence...not so sure about Izzy-she's a very self centered pup, lol.

Today is Nala's birthday, she is 13. I'm buying her a new comfy bed since I had to throw out all the other beds because Sophie ruined them, they were beyond washing.

Last night, difficult children fiancé E said, "Okay, we need to stop mourning now and instead be happy that we were able to have her in our lives...and know that she's okay now, celebrate her life". I love that guy, even if he is his own version of a difficult child, he's got a warm loving heart.

Jo,

I'm getting here very late but want you to know I'm very sorry for your loss. Losing a furry family member is so difficult... It takes strength, courage, lots of love when you know it's time to let go... I'm positive she felt all the love surrounding her as she passed over the Rainbow Bridge.

Sophie will always be in your heart. When you think of all the special, treasured memories of time spent together, I know someday you'll be able to smile, maybe even laugh... This is Sophie's final gift to you.

Many hugs, much love being sent your way... SFR

trinityroyal

Jo, I like E's perspective. How wonderful that you were able to have Sophie in your lives. I am so very sorry for your loss, but pleased for you as well that you had a wonderful companion for all the time she was with you.