We are we doing for SuperBowl?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am doing something wonderful! :tongue:

Going to mother in law's. husband's 3 Aunt's have flown into town- all huge Indy fans. Half of the Family are Bears fans the rest are COLTS!

I like the Colts after living in NW Indy for 3 years.

mother in law is throwing a little party and begged us to show up. There are 2 other people showing up. So, 7 and then the 4 of us.
The good thing is we don't have to make an excuse to leave when we want.
We are beyond that.

I think actually it might be fun, one Aunt is one of those fans who can't breathe or talk for most of the game!!!

I have no idea what we are eating-

I am bringing a treat-

Autumn Squash and Chai bread
Brownie cupcakes with Pink frosting and brownie heart on top (Valentine experiment)

DammitJanet

Well, of course, we do a big Super Bowl shindig!

To make it fun, half of us will cheer for the Colts and half for the Saints since our teams didnt make it...lol. I think it will be Me, Tony, Billy, Cory, Mandy and Keyana here this year.

We plan to have homemade chips and nachos with pico di galo (sp) (tony just learned how to make this from his friend..lol), Fried mozzarella sticks, fried mushrooms, onion dip and chips, and something sweet.

JJJ

We are going to see Kanga at her Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in the morning and then over to my mom's for the game.

Could you post the recipe for Autumn Squash and Chai bread? - it sounds delicious!

witzend

I'm so bummed! No one has invited us for the Superbowl, and I'm too pooped to have people over for the game!

totoro

The Bread is SO good! I will pull it out today and post it. You will need to get Concentrated Chai Tea, like the Tazo. Starbucks carries it. It is in the little cardboard cartons. Healthfood stores carry it also.
You also need a Butter nut or Acorn Squash, whichever you prefer. I am making 2 loaves so I am going to use one of each! I used acorn last time.

mstang67chic

Going Green
We're going to our friend's house to watch. I'm sure we'll all be decked out in our Colts gear! The last time we (Colts) were in the Superbowl, our friends, husband and I were all nervous wrecks! LOL They started celebrating at the 2 minute warning but I was still holding my breath because you never know what can happen. Once the clock ran out though, it got VERY loud in their basement! LOL

busywend

Me, DF & difficult child will be hanging out at home watching the game - probably on 2 TVs.

We are planning to have Swedish Meatballs (DF is making them) maybe a pot of Chili, and various snacky foods. I might make brownies with chocolate frosting as DF has been craving it. difficult child ate all the Macaroni & Cheese bites (think pizza roll but with mac & chees) that I bought for New years, but I never cooked them. She said they were delicious!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
A good friend of mine is having his 9th annual Super Bowl Party, I think I've proably been to 7 of them lol. It is always a great time so I'm really looking forward to it. AND the roads here should be clear enough by Sunday afternoon so it won't affect the party! (whew).

totoro

I see lots of us are making "Brownies", still... cough cough

JJJ, Here is the recipe:

Winter squash chai bread:

1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup butter room temp (I used unsalted)
1 cup mashed cooked squash, such as butternut or acorn
2 large eggs
1/2 cup liquid chai concentrate
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp each: ground cardamon, ginger and freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp each: ground allspice, cloves, nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

1. Pre-heat oven to 350. In the bowl of a large stand mixer, mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add squash, eggs, chai and vanilla and stir until well blended. To the squash mixture add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and nuts stir until just blended and evenly moistened.
Pour batter into a buttered 4x8 in" loaf pan.

2. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 45-55 minutes. Let cool on wired rack at least 10 minutes.

:)

BusynMember

Hub and I are hermits and we've never been to or held a Superbowl Party :) Just him and I watching the game...I tend to get a little crazy. I usually have a clear favorite, but this year I like both teams. Hub says it's the same for him. Daughter may watch with us if she doesn't get a better offer, but son is not interested in watching football at all!

LittleDudesMom

I'm hosting at my house - a small group here - just 6 of us.

Our menu - cocktail meatballs - requested by difficult child, he could live on these
Spicy chili nachos with homemade guac and salsa
English Trinangles (english muffin, marg, pepperoni, old english cheese, baked and quartered)
Carrots, celery and broc with dill dip
Spicy Wings
Brownies

totoro

You hoover Abbey! I wish I could get up there and sneak out of this place and hang out with you.

muttmeister

I'm pretty bummed. I throw kick-:censored2: parties and did a Super Bowl party for lots of years but I've reached the point in life where all of my friends live elsewhere and my kids are grown and gone and I don't have anybody to invite so I'll probably be eating a Weight Watchers TV dinner and watching with my two dogs.
Not my idea of a good time, even though I do like football.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I have NO idea. I know a jewelry store in town is having a 50% off sale on that day... trying to lure the football widows in! ;)

I'm just not that into football to tell you the truth. Maybe I'll take the kids to a movie so husband can watch the game in peace.

svengandhi

I'm donating blood.

We (H and the boys and I) are taking a vote on Saturday as to whether we want to watch half-time live or on You-tube. We all hate football with a passion (including H and all 4 boys) but we love The Who, so we'll probably do half-time live. Everybody knows better than to invite us to a party - we don't know our defense from our offense and the only football players whose names we know are Joe Namath and OJ.

KTMom91

Our church is having their annual Super Bowl Party, complete with chili cook-off and a live band during half-time. Hubby and I don't particularly care for football...I'd rather watch the fans than the game...but I decided to enter the chili cook-off. Plus, Miss KT's boyfriend is one of the band members, so we figured we'd show up for that.

M

ML

I did a bunch of batch cooking yesterday and we'll either have lasagna or taco casserole. Of course will have nachos too and watch the game at home. We invited both both of my step sons (left message for J on his phone but he didn't answer) but it may be just the two of us. I'm going for the Saints because they've never been there and that city could use some good stuff for a change.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I will be honest, neither H nor I follow sports all the much. We're basically aware of which teams are big and doing well, and which ones eventually make it to the superbowl/playoffs/finals, etc. And we usually only watch the superbowl for the commercials and occasionally the halftime show (depending on who's playing...who'se playing this year?):redface:.

But every once in a great year, we go to a superbowl party and this is the year! I am bringing cajun style chicken fingers with blue cheese dressing for dipping and a very large bottle of chardonnay for the ladies. I have a ton of homework/reading to finish by 5pm.