We are what we drive!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well now my first car was an 81 Lynx.

However my first "real" boyfriend had a Red 67 Mustang convertable. It was beautiful. He also had a motorcycle. I was superficial at all then. Nope not me. But dang did I look good with him.

I think I would have to have one of those of my own I think if I could have my choice.

Beth

ck1

One of husband's favorite hobbies is looking at cars! He loves them. Me, not so much. Here's what we have in our garage:

husband: BMW 740i
Harley Dyna Wide Glide (planning to sell)

Me: Chrysler Town and Country
Mercedes C230 (this will be difficult child's when he drives)

I've been saying for at least a year that I want a new minivan because mine is in not so good shape. However, I love not having car payments and I just don't take care of cars well enough to have a new one, so I think I'll just drive mine till it dies.

My first car was a Buick Skyhawk. I hated it but it did get me where I wanted to go so I tried to keep quiet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WeepingWillow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kitty........
I had a car like that TOO! Only mine was some kinda old mitsubishi thing, don't even remember now - and the doors would not open. So here I was, coming out of the office, looking both ways - and shoving myself in the drivers side window like they did on the Dukes of Hazard. :shocked:
</div></div>That reminds me of one I had for a while. The door locks didn't work right. No matter if the button was up or down, if the door shut, it was locked. So one day it is snowing like crazy outside, and I have to go to work. I start the car so it can be warming up while I clear the snow off. Jumped out and... shut the door. So the keys are locked inside with the motor on. Called AAA and they said it might be three or four hours. Called Pop-a-Lock and they said 80 minutes (this was in Tulsa, it doesn't snow that hard that often). I did not want to be late, I was relieving someone who had to stay until I got there. I had spent the night at my parent's house, so Mom loaned me her car -- in which I rear-ended another car on my way. No sooner was I back on my way again than another car slid through a stop sign and T-boned the right rear 1/4 panel.

Ever since then I've noted a strange reluctance on my mom's part to let me drive her car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HWGA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever since then I've noted a strange reluctance on my mom's part to let me drive her car.</div></div>

Not the SAME car, I hope?

:smile:

Naw. Actually she got a new car and gave us that one a few months later. We patched up the damage in front with duct tape. difficult child got to drive it for a while. She was mortified by the duct tape but not so mortified that she passed when the choice was "the Skyhawk or nothing".

susiestar

Roll With It
I drive a 1987 Chrysler LeBaron, less than 70,000 miles on it, and of course it is paid for - who would loan you $$$ on that??? Gets decent gas mileage (or did when last I could drive) and handles well around town. And insurance is about $50 - per YEAR!!

husband drives a red Chevy Classic (used to be a Malibu?? or so someone told me). It also gets good gas mileage, and is paid for.

I have NO clue what they say about us.

My dad drives PT Cruiser - while fun it rides sorta like a soup can and is hard to get in and out of. But it has bun warmers.

My mom drives a 1994 Chevy Astro Van. It is paid for, many times, and she LOVES it - when she doesn't hate it. My bro drives a truck. His own mostly, but my dad's old S10 when bro's is broken. Right now dad's is broken - because bro drove it!! LOL!!

What do they say about us?

Susie

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Funny talking about family my brother and his wife have

my sister in law has a Toyota Rav 4
my brother has a Big Chevy pick up

and he has a silver sport pick up (he said he got the silver to match his hair).

Course he had a mustang convertable when I was in jr high and would come pick me up in it (man did that make people ask questions).

Beth

Sue C

Speaking of family.....about 15 years ago, my 2 sisters and I ALL had red mini-vans!! What does that say about us? :smile:

(my one sister and I have black mini-vans now)
sue

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
My first car was an orange VW Bug. I loved that little thing, but hated it in winter (you know no heat at all). I drove that thing all through high school, then my two younger step-brothers got to drive it. Got the thing back when I went through a divorce at the age of 23.

In our family, my vehicle seems to get changed every two to three years. Hopefully not with my new car.

ME - 2007 Honda Accord (have only had since September 07)

husband - 2000 GMC Truck (he has a bass boat to pull)we bought it new and it is paid for (only 50K miles as he works 2 blocks from our house)