We bought a house!!

BusynMember

This is after years of renting. Where we live the crime is low and so are prices but right now it's a seller's market. Not enough homes and too many buyers.

We have seen about ten homes and there was one we thought we would want before we saw it, but right before we saw that one we saw the best fit ever for us....cute, two bedroom, clean, updated, no fixer upper, a deck, a fence, just perfect for a retiring couple with a yard for gardening and dogs and neighbors on both sides with dogs.one young neighbor man was in his yard with his dogs and we spoke with him in a friendly way for a half an hour. It was so welcoming! He has four huskies! Says everyone on the block owns and loves dogs!

It's a lil de sac. We lowballed our offer and expected a counter offer, but they accepted it! So now I am so excited, can't sleep, just so thrilled. Jumper was with us as she is off work until she starts her new job at Corrections next week. She loved it. When Princess visits again in August she can stay in our guest bedroom with the baby. We will be able to park our RV there too. The location between my two Wisconsin kids is perfect. I can meet Jumper for lunch or bring her lunch. We feel safe and through Jumper and our old h
Neighborhood, we know all the police and one lives near us.

I can't believe that a life that started out so challenging is turning out so good! Never ever give up on your life. Never think you are cursed or have bad luck or don't deserve what you desire. It's not true for anyone. We did not expect this turn of events. We expected mediocre. We got wonderful. You can too! I promise! Just follow your intuition.

Last edited:

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
So happy and excited for you.
upload_2018-4-28_19-51-27.png

Copabanana

Many, many blessings to you and your family, swot.

A new home to shelter and sustain you and yours, through thick and thin, filled with love, joy and laughter....What could be better?

BusynMember

Thanks to all.

It's a nice house, won't need much work, and will be passed on to my kids.

We are going to garden. My husband is retired now and he can prevent me hopefully from murdering my plants!

Lil

Wow! Congrats! I'd thought you were looking at a place a while back on a lake? Guess you found the right spot later on! :)

BusynMember

We were looking around. I am a little squeamish about giving much info about our location due to spies but we are very happy. The location is perfect for our needs and wants.

It takes a while to find a perfect place. I thank you for your well wishes!

AppleCori

It’s nice that you und a dog-friendly neighborhood and dog-loving neighbors.

They aren’t all that way.

My new neighbor has four dogs, thankfully. They are very tolerant of barking and such.

You might think, well, it’s you Apple, who is tolerant. They have four, you only have two. But no, one of mine loves to bark at anything and everything. He is the worst of the bunch. But the dogs all get along. Now if only my rotten one would stop chasing the rabbits....

Anyway, congrats!

Lil

Wasn't digging for an address, :p . I just thought I remembered you talking about a place near a lake that you were thinking of buying. It had sounded so lovely to me...but then, I'm SO ready to NOT have neighbors! I'm glad you found your perfect little house! :)

BusynMember

Lil I did like that idea. In reality, we can drive there. We want to stay close to Jumper, who will have kids, and Sonic...that became more important.

I love this house. I am very excited. I am definitely happy it's dog friendly. There are only four houses on the block and they all have dogs. One also has a BIG RV in the yard so maybe we have that in common too as well as the dogs.

Thanks to all!

Last edited: