We got a house, PHEW!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sheesh, worse than giving birth!
Well the woman with the BiPolar (BP) son, her house did not work out. Another crazy weird story.

Our neighbor came over and told us her brother had a house he was taking off of the market. She thought he would for sure want to rent it, and rent it to us.
She gave us the address and called him soon thereafter.

We drove by out of curiosity. It was beautiful. We called him the next day just to see what the deal was.

He said come look that morning, Friday.
We loved it!!! He and his wife were so nice. They said they felt really good about us and the whole thing. They said they always went with their hearts and felt like they could trust us.

They said we could move in starting this week. :angel3:
I said why don't you sleep on it and think about if you want first and last etc...

We went home and felt guilty about the other house. husband called the woman back before the rental agency even though they had still not called him back after we filled out the application and they said we had the place, but had not gone any further.

The woman with the BiPolar (BP) kid who was getting kicked out, told husband when he called to tell her we were thinking of taking this other place, that the rental agency was horrible and she was going to call us and warn us.
They had lied to us and her and were going to try and sue her and telling her we were forcing her out early...
She said she was having to get the owners involved to help her.

She thanked us up and down for even thinking of her and calling her.
We felt so much better about the whole thing.

A lot of people have been telling us to fight the owner of the house we are in right now, because he gave us such short notice. But we figured everyone has a reason for their actions.
We have tried to keep putting ourselves in others shoes and not question why they do these things. He is grateful to us for helping him out and helping him sell his house. He is offering to loan us his trailer and he really is a nice guy. He is just another person who has been hit by the economy.
Who am I to judge?

The move is not fun, but I think it may end up being a positive thing.
The owners of the house we are moving in to are very nice and they told us they are usually dead on with their instinct. We made them sign a contract for the both of us and we gave them 1st and last.
We started moving in yesterday!!!
I am hoping to be moved in right before Christmas!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:bigsmile:

All's well that ends well... Glad the stress of finding a place is over and you can focus on schlepping all your stuff -- how fun! NOT. Anyway, it sounds like a great situation. How are the girls handling all the excitement?

susiestar

Roll With It
Toto - Be SURE to do a forwarding address with the post office. The girls' magazine will come to the old addy. Once you get it then you can do the change of addy through them. But they ARE getting the magazine! It will probably not come until after Christmas, but I guess that way it won't be overshadowed by the rush of new things that comes with Christmas.

tiredmommy

As a matter of fact... let the girls do a change of address with Santa. It will save a lot of anxiety on Christmas Eve. :winks:

susiestar

Roll With It
Toto - I thought it and forgot to write it. CONGRATS on the new home!!!!! Sounds like you all were in the right place at the right time.

The forwarding addy with Santa sounds like an EXCELLENT idea!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Congrats, Toto!!! I shudder at the thought of packing my contents of my house YET AGAIN, but it seems that all parties are having good vibes about this move for you. I think they call that...good karma.:D

It's funny. I must have been in 7th grade or so and was taking a creative writing class and basically what we did was examine famous quotes. I've always held on to this one: "Good things happen to those that wait."

Ok...I'm waiting...tapping finger...shaking my foot...:anxious:...and a good thing happened yesterday.

I have been trying to get a job at a big corporation state-wide that provides living assistance in a variety of ways to people with disabilities. It could be a group home, live-in, etc. Lots of options. My MIL1 works at a home just around the corner from me and I go visit several times a week. The residents there are adorable.

I've spent more than a year pestering these guys to at least interview me. Well, I've got my interview on Wednesday.:peaceful: Hopefully good things come to those who wait and not have a heart attack along the way.

If I was near, I'd help you move! (I'm a pro at this point.)

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Abbey I will be waiting and hoping for some good for you.
I do believe in positive juju and karma.

Thanks all, TM that is a good idea. THe girls know about Santa, only because of Hannukah and Kwanzaa etc. They are smart enough to have asked questions! LOL
But they still like the idea of Santa and play along.
Susie I am excited for them and we will change the address online as well. We are still trying to get K an e-mail... baby steps!

Purge that is my theme when moving.
2009 is the year of the big Purge. Let it go.
I came here to check the "news" and then I am going to start loading the boxes.
I really think you guys have helped with my spirit through this, thank you.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
So when's the house warming party & what can I bring? Congrats.

My parents moved into our family home on Christmas Eve. I remember my mom packed the Christmas tree already decorated - it was a hoot seeing it being unloaded & set up in our new living room. That was ummmmm......40 plus years ago.

Enjoy toto.