We got moved

F

flutterbee

<insert big sigh of relief>

What a week this has been. The townhouse that we had put a deposit on to hold until December 1 was rented out from under us. :faint: Oh...not a big deal, they say, because the one right next door is opening up and the guy is supposed to be out November 30. :surprise: We had movers scheduled for December 1. We had everything in boxes. We couldn't do supposed to. We had to know. PLUS they had to have time to clean and steam the carpets, etc. My stress level was going through the roof. I couldn't believe it. They rented out the place we paid to hold so I was having a hard time having much faith in them about the availability of the other townhouse.

But, it turned out to be the best thing that happened because we found an absolutely wonderful place. If the stupid apartment people hadn't rented out our townhouse, we wouldn't have been looking. We rented a house...a ranch. No stairs. Yippee!!!!! Huge, huge, huge eat-in kitchen. Oversized living room. The kids bedrooms are at least half again bigger than what they had before. Attached garage. Huge yard. Shed. Tons of closet/storage space. The management people are so wonderful. We saw the place on Thursday, got approval and signed the lease at 4pm Friday and moved in Saturday.

I called the lady at the apartments and told her we wouldn't be taking that townhouse afterall. She had the nerve to say, "Can I ask why?" Duh.

So, I'm tired. But happy. Unpacking has been slow going, but we're getting there. I have so much more room now so I'm really enjoying putting it all together. I'm able to use furniture that I had stored in the basement and garage before because there just wasn't enough room.

And it's snowing. Yay! :snowman:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..... :santa: :elf: :rudolph: :xmasdec:

nvts

Great news! I hope you really enjoy yourselves in the new house!

It's got to look great with the snow falling!

Finally, one of the breaks that you deserve!

Good luck!

Beth

:xmasdancers:

Does your body feel OK?

Then I am picking you up and swinging you around in a circle.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am SOOO Happy for you!!!

Steely

:skate:
<span style="color: #990000">YIPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!</span>

<span style="color: #990000">So, so happy for you!!!!</span>

KFld

I know how it is to move into a new place that you love. I'm feeling your joy!!!

I'm so happy for you.

F

flutterbee

Thank you, ladies, for sharing in my happiness. :fan: It already feels like home here. Maybe even more so than my other home.

Once I get everything unpacked, I'll have to move everything out of my room so they can replace the pink carpet in there. :whew: They had offered to replace something else in the house that I liked the way it was and said...if you're willing to do that, how about getting rid of this pink carpet instead? They were fine with that.

And then I can put up all of my Christmas decorations, including the new tree my mom gave me. I'm having so much fun putting it all together. I feel like I'm going to burst! Can you tell how excited I am?

I'm so happy here. Life is good.

And we're supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. We don't get a lot of snow in this part of Ohio, so I'm really excited. We usually only get one or two decent snowfalls a year and the rest is just dustings. I'm loving this.

In the meadow we can build a snowman....
:snowman: