We had a whole week of "fantastic, great days"

Nikki88

Just wanted to share, we have had a whole week of fantastic, great days at school!!
I know that all of you will understand this- but it is such relief when difficult child has good days at school. I know that she is still going to have bad days in there, but it's a great feeling when I pick her up and hear "no problems today" :) I even took difficult child and easy child out to eat yesterday after school, and they were PLEASANT to each other!! No fighting, no hitting, very nice and respectful or each other!

Hope you all are having a great weekend :)

T

TeDo

WOW!! Good for you. Mind sending some of whatever it is MY way?!? PLEASE!?!?!?!

DDD

Didn't you guy just add a new medication? Seems like I remember the post but I'm too lazy to look it up and see if I'm right. Whatever has caused this I'm thankful you have enjoyed a easy child kind of week. You do deserve it! DDD

Nikki88

Didn't you guy just add a new medication? Seems like I remember the post but I'm too lazy to look it up and see if I'm right. Whatever has caused this I'm thankful you have enjoyed a easy child kind of week. You do deserve it! DDD

DDD- we did, started Rispadal a little over a week ago. So far we haven't had any issues with it, I'm still a little hesitant since I have seen some people say that they started out good with it, and then behavior got worse over a few months.

buddy

Well, I know I have heard that too, and it happened to us once but within three days I knew we were in trouble...really it was only two days of OK behavior. (that was the Lamictal) For us the risperdal ...I knew day TWO it was a monster.

I am choosing to look at this as a great sign and hope that no side effects come up for her. She has to feel better herself with people being proud of her and just not having people being frustrated around you all day has got to be helpful to our kids, right? I am always guarded too, so I understand your being cautious. But even if she has moments that are not as great, this week was super and she experienced it so knows it can be so much better.!

Keeping positive thoughts that you found the medication that works for you and hoping it lasts a long long time. I have heard many parents say (and have met kids) where this medication was THE medication that turned everything around. Keep us posted. (I will be knocking wood for you now, sorry)

Nikki88

Well, I know I have heard that too, and it happened to us once but within three days I knew we were in trouble...really it was only two days of OK behavior. (that was the Lamictal) For us the risperdal ...I knew day TWO it was a monster.

I am choosing to look at this as a great sign and hope that no side effects come up for her. She has to feel better herself with people being proud of her and just not having people being frustrated around you all day has got to be helpful to our kids, right? I am always guarded too, so I understand your being cautious. But even if she has moments that are not as great, this week was super and she experienced it so knows it can be so much better.!

Keeping positive thoughts that you found the medication that works for you and hoping it lasts a long long time. I have heard many parents say (and have met kids) where this medication was THE medication that turned everything around. Keep us posted. (I will be knocking wood for you now, sorry)

Thanks :) I think I am just scared to think that this medication is going to be the "fix all". Were still waiting on a bunch of assessments to be done, so I'm not jumping up and down just yet!
But I will take any day I don't have to listen to her teacher whine about how out of hand her behavior is!!