We have a baby!!!!!

donna723

We finally have a BABY!!!!!

Ethan Zachary, born Friday afternoon ... almost three weeks early and 8 pounds 2 oz.! Not without a little last minute drama, of course! He was coming really fast, she went from 5 cm dilated to 8 very quickly, then to 9 and then 10, and they told her to start pushing. So she pushed and pushed and nothing ... after two hours they ended up doing a C-section. His little head was bigger than she was. That first day after was really rough on her, but mom and baby are both just fine and they let them go home yesterday evening.

Of course, my home computer has nose-dived on me so for now I can only get online at work, and there's no way to post a picture now. But he's absolutely beautiful! He looks like one of those porcelain dolls with pink cheeks and lots of reddish-blond hair. He looks like he's two or three weeks old already! I'll be leaving to go to S. Carolina on Friday and I'm taking my computer with me. My sister in law ("Techno-Boy") is going to work on it for me and promises to have it better than new! It only needs a $20 part but if I took it in somewhere they would charge me hundreds to put the part in ... so better this way.

So I won't be on much, except for when I can sneak on at work. But thank you everyone for your good thoughts and wishes! I'M FINALLY A GRANDMA!!!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thank goodness he was early, 8' 2" is no preemie size....... glad all went well and they didn't wait too long for the c-section........ ENJOY!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Congrats Grammy!! One of difficult child's friends had her baby also this weekend. It was so wonderful to hold a little sweet baby. OMG - I forgot how it feels. When I spoke with the new grammy, my friend, I told her it was like holding a piece of pure heaven. I had to let H drive home from the hospital because I was on such a high I almost hit someone in the crosswalk!

Enjoy!~

Star*

call 911........call 911
CONGRATULATIONS GRAMMY. Nice to hear baby Ethan and Momma are doing well!!

OF COURSE WE WANT PICTURES.......(send some of toes for TOTOE-ro)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Congratulations. I am so glad that all went fairly well. Give the sweetie a nuzzle and hug from this board auntie. :angel:I'm sure he is an angel and waiting patiently for you. : )

Lothlorien

Congrats! I'm sure you can't wait to get your computer up so those pics will be flying out of that computer from the proud Gramma!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh Baby toes!!!
Congratulations!
I was just gazing at a baby in the grocery store today! Only 4 days old, so sweet.
Even 8 pounds sounds huge at this point in my life. LOL

Enjoy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Aw Donna, he sounds adorable. I love the name Ethan...and Zachary! I can't wait to see the pics.

Suz