we have arrived

Jena

yup 2 days of traveling i can't believe we are 3,600 miles from home. we are in portland.

flight was long 5 hrs. she was much better on this flight. we're out of our element, it's going to take time. portland is nothing as i thought it would be, looks like brooklyn to me

ronald mcdonald house is really nice. alot of rules, not many ppl here. difficult child is ok. she's all over the place happy sad confused nervous. typical to be expected. me, just happy husband will be here tmrw. i've got him for only 2 days than he heads back home wednesday a.m. early.

believe it or not i forgot the down payment money for the hospital. he's bringing it tmrw and getting me a rental car.

we'll c how it goes tmrw. at hospital. gotta leave here at 8:30 for appointment. i unfortunately broke a tooth on way out on plane. how i don't know. so my mouth's in some discomfort. may have to find dentist out here for it to be pulled.

room here is nice, each room is decorated and donated by a local organization. our room is purple and black it's donated by the portland soccer team. it's all about teamwork strength etc written on walls.

that's it to report tonight. feeling a little disconnected. to be expected i guess. once i find out what's up with her, treatment begins i guess i'll find my way out here alone.

just wanted to update. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad you made it. I hope you can get some sleep tonight and adjust in the next day or two or so. Nice of husband to come out to help you settle in - he is a really good guy. I hope that htis is what difficult child needs to get well and that she is able to show the docs the behaviors and problems and that they can find exactly what she needs.

Lots of hugs and be SURE to find time for yourself. If there is anything I can help with from here, let me know. Hugs to you both.

LittleDudesMom

Jena,

glad you and difficult child are settling in. Totally understandable why difficult child would be up and down - I would be the same! Good luck later today.

Sharon

smallworld

Jen, glad you made it to Portland. Hope things go well at the hospital. And hoping this is difficult child's first step on the road to recovering. Hugs!

H

HaoZi

Glad you made it, hope you get settled in and find some help for your tooth. Will be waiting for updates on difficult child.

B

Bunny

I'm glad to hear that you got there and you and difficult child and trying to settle in. I hope that this hospital is able to help her, and the rest of your family. Keep us posted how you guys are doing.

Pam

TerryJ2

Thank you for staying in touch.
I wouldn't have thought Portland looked like Brooklyn. Sheesh.
Get some sleep.

crazymama30

Glad you made it Jen. My husband may end up in a treatment center in Portland, if so we will have to connect. I should know by Wednesday!

graceupongrace

Jena,

Thanks for checking in - glad you made it there safely. Also glad husband will be there, if only briefly. That will help him understand what you're dealing with at this stage. As others said, keep us posted. We care.

Jena

thanks so much for all the warm wishes i do apprecite it. i sooo wished one of you lived out here!! LOL.... i woke up at 3 with a mini omg is this my life, where am i little attack two seconds later my tooth moler fell out of my mouth...... no need for dentist there :)

fighting with-difficult child to get to appointment. she doesnt' wanna get outta bed or go. also expected. by the way i never fully quit smoking so i'm going thru my own detox now you can't smoke anywhere near this place. chk in tmrw. thanks again!

crazymamma i'm so sorry to hear that about husband, pm me if you'll be around here

DDD

Glad you are safely and their and really glad you have a McD house available. It makes such a difference to have a safe haven away from the hospital. Hugs. DDD

KTMom91

Glad you got there safely...hope you managed to get difficult child to the hospital without too much difficulty!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am glad you made it as well. My ex-sister in law lives there and she is wonderful. We FB all the time. She would have dentist contacts etc... I really like Portland and was just there this summer.
FB me if you need any info. I'll FB you as well.
Your husband is awesome. Hang in there.

Jena, thinking of you. Don't underestimated the sheer unadulterated courage of what you are doing. I salute you.

I've been thinking of you and you daughter a lot, and your whole family as well. Glad your husband is coming.

Look out for yourself! Don't forget to sleep and eat.

Jo

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
jena, go see a dentist anyway. There is no way for you to know that the entire tooth fell out. You could be setting yourself up for a dandy infection if it didn't.

H

HaoZi

Jena, considering your recent higher stress level, could you have been grinding or clenching your teeth? I catch myself doing it sometimes without realizing it, and I've been told I grind them in my sleep, too. It can really do a lot of damage.