"We have kids every *&^%ing weekend, anyway...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
...so it doesn't really matter." is what easy child 2's mom replied when asked if easy child could go with us this weekend instead of next.

Seems her new hubby's kids, which they have "50/50" custody of, but only have for 3 hours on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and every other weekend, normally, have been there most weekends so far this summer, so she's not getting to run kidless every other weekend, like she's accustomed to.

Poor thing.

My sympathetic reply? "I have kids 51 weekends a year."

I wish I could get this stuff on tape.

Andy

Next time tell her, "Welcome to motherhood. Think of all those poor moms who don't have anyone to have the opportunity to share their kids with."

witzend

L's dad pulled the same thing. He was going to take me to court when she was 15 and didn't want to come anymore and I didn't want to force her. When that didn't fly, he shipped her 500 miles to the other side of the state to a foster home.

Sorry easy child has to put up with such a lovely stepmom. If only people would think before they say such awful things to/about their kids.

meowbunny

Guess I'll be the oddball. I have a lot of sympathy for the stepmom. When she married her guy, it was kids every other weekend. That she apparently could tolerate. All of a sudden it's every weekend. We signed up for 24/7, 52 days a year. She didn't. Why shouldn't be angry and resentful that she doesn't have her kidless weekends to do what she pleases. That was the deal when she got married. Personally, I give her credit. She's doing it. She's not running away. She's even willing to accept another one into the mix, albeit not so graciously.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Witz,
This isn't easy child's stepmom, this is her real mom. But she carries the same attitude towards easy child.

MB,
I agree except for what I said above. She plans to have the step kids and easy child (her own daughter) at the same time and gets extremely grumbly if either kid/kid(s) screw it up. I can understand being grumbly about the steps...don't agree with it, but understand. I don't understand how you can feel that way towards your own. She'll fight tooth and nail to not let us have "extra time" with easy child, but at the same time, this is her attitude towards any of them.

She just stopped collecting child support on her 19 year old daughter who hasn't lived with her in 7 years. She finally gave the girl's dad permission to stop paying her for a kid he's been raising all this time. The girl lives 5 miles from her mom and sees her about 4 times a year, yet this woman considers herself to still have custody of this kid.

(The kicker to the child support? In order for dad to stop paying, he had to start paying for everything for the daughter. Know what mom was paying for her 19 year old daughter? Cell phone bill and car insurance. And was using the child support dad was sending her to do it. So she's paid nil for 7 years for a kid that she still claims to be raising...)

meowbunny

Okay, any sympathy I had went out a very large window. One of those who never should have been a parent and, worse yet, sees a child a cash register. You do know there is a very special place in hell for women like her, don't you? If not, I'll volunteer to help build one.