We may be getting Keyana fulltime for awhile!

DammitJanet

The daycare that she was going to is closing down so it appears that she will be coming to live here during the week and going to see her Mom on the weekends. Works for me! With Cory being on house arrest for the next few months, then on intensive probation he is pretty much stuck here at home.

I can definitely deal with having the kidlet around. She is pretty fun at this age. She is a pure mimic.

klmno

That sounds like so much fun!! That will be good for her to have more time with you and Cory and she will love it, too! Don't spoil her too much, now- LOL!

DammitJanet

I think we are pretty lucky that her mother appears to consider her kids much like she does jewelry. She has them for looks and fun and then when she doesnt want to be bothered, everyone else gets to take care of them. Ok by us! Her oldest son is now staying with his father during the week...he was staying with her mom fulltime up until now. Keyana has stayed either with us or her maternal grandmom since she was born. Now biomom has lived with her from time to time too but she got married last August and hasnt really had either kid living with her except for here and there.

Im tickled to death. It would thrill me no end for Keyana to live with us and her have visitation.

How wonderful! Everyone wins. The baby is in the most stable place she can be, you get to spoil her, Cory gets to spend time with her, and the mom...

...well, whatever.

DammitJanet

Ya know...there really is something odd when the most stable place a kid can be is in a house with two bipolar people...lmao!

That said...I have learned so much from the time I raised my own kids to now and I am a much much better grandparent than I was a parent...I do believe. And I must not have been that bad a parent considering my kids all seem to adore me and not want to leave me...lmao. Cory for all his faults is really quite a good father. While most people with anti-social tend not to attach to others...he is deeply in love with his daughter and would kill over her. He truly loves kids. He is very good with small kids and misses Jamies daughter horribly. He attaches to them so easy. It makes my heart smile to see him interact with both Keyana and Hailie with such ease. He is just such a natural dad. Poop, pee,vomit...nothing phazes him. He even does hair!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
She is SO lucky, and the fact that you have such great experience with ANY problems! Super Grandma...

DammitJanet

She doesnt appear to have inherited any disorders at all...knock on wood. She is such a pleasant and easy going kid. She listens, does what she is told for the most part, accepts a time out with only a bit of grumpiness, learns easily and quickly, has normal age appropriate tantrums which are easily controlled, etc....I mean this kid is so darned normal it isnt funny.

She is now mimicking everything we say. She learns new words almost every day. Last weekend it was going to the beach and playing in the water and digging in the sand. This week it is Walmart, and I do it myself.

When we get her fulltime I am going to potty train her. I dont think it will be a problem in the least because she wants to please so badly. We had her picking up trash and throwing it away at a year and putting her toys away because she loved the praise so much. We clapped and made such a fuss over it each time she did a single good thing that she kept doing it over and over...lol. I have a feeling she will be pottying constantly just to make us happy. Besides that I will keep a supply of gummy bears to hand out just for a good job.

Im also gonna look into toddler dance classes to enroll her in. Oh I cannot wait! I always wanted a lil girl. Can ya tell? LOL.

F

flutterbee

I so love that age. You're going to have a ball. If you do ever get tired of her, just ship her here for a few days. I'd love to have a little one around.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I'm soooooo happy for both you guys and for Keyana!! What a nice development.

This age is so much fun. I tell Nichole all of the time that if Aubrey gets any cuter we're not gonna be able to stand it. lmao I'm having so much fun with her, and it suits me just fine that she's Nana's girl.

Aubrey has a keen eye for detail, which can be a little scarey at times. And she has a temper. I think Nichole is in for a ride, cuz I think it's MY temper Aubrey has inherited. :rofl:

And glory be, she went pee on her potty today. Completely by accident. Nichole had sat her there while looking for a clean pair of pull ups, next thing she knows Aubrey is announcing she peed in the potty.

God, I love 2 yr olds.

donna723

Janet, I'm so happy for you! Having her with you sounds like a win/win situation - best for everybody. She needs a stable environment at this age, not to be moving from house to house. And her bio mom ... ? I guess that I wanted kids so badly and it took so long for me to get them, I just can't understand someone who sees them as an inconvenience and would rather that they live with someone else! I didn't like leaving mine even for a day! And I think you'll find potty training a lot easier for a little girl! My daughter was trained by the time she turned two. Her babysitter also cared for two other little girls who were both about 2-1/2 and my Allison just wanted to do what they were doing, and just that quick, she was trained!

And Cory sounds like he is a great daddy! They say that any man can be a "father" but it takes someone really special to be a "daddy". And any guy who can (and will!) do a little girls' hair is really a "daddy"! I remember ... when I was in the hospital after our son was born, my ex had to get up an hour early and drive Allison all the way across town so his sister could put her hair up in little pony tails before he took her to kindergarten!

:hairy:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad for Keyana's sake she will be with you. Will Cory be able to go and get custody if he has her all week, or will you wait awhile so the mom doesn't take and keep her some week just out of spite?

The hair thing is so funny!! I could do a ponytail, but not much more. My brother does all sorts of fancy braids on his daughter. Jessie's bff's dad not only does fancy hair, he plays Barbie!!! For hours!!! He is a totally macho guy, but when his daus' didn't have a playmate who could come play, or it was before bedtime, DADDY played Barbie. I just found it too funny - NEVER EVER in high school would we have expected this of him!! (and my husband is jealous of him - his wife let him build a treehouse for his daughter's - 15 feet in the air, 20 by 30 platform, inside part is airconditioned!!).

Anyway, many a man is made by taking care of his family in hwatever way is needed. Glad you get time with Keyana!

everywoman

Gosh, you have more stamina then I do. I had JJ last week from Saturday until Tuesday, and he wore me out. He's a really good two year old, too, but he is definitely two. He loves being at Big Mama and Pepaw's house. We have the whol yard set up just for him. He has a big wooden swingset and playtower---built for mine 20 years ago---that I had refurbished last summer. He also has a pool to swim in and lots of toys. I talked to pcson on Thursday and asked how JJ was---he said still getting over being spoiled for four days---lmho!!!
I admire you for taking Keyana fulltime!!!!

DammitJanet

Well...Keyana is spoiled rotten here. Do remember when she is here there are 5 adults and one spoiled princess...lol. I think that is why she was late crawling and walking. Why actually put out the effort to move yourself when you have all these people willing to do your bidding? LMAO.

She has me and her Papa wrapped around her little finger, then there is her Daddy and his girlfriend Mandy and last but not least...her Unca Biwwy. There is constantly someone to think she is the cats meow. Of course, she bats those big blue eyes and flashes that bright smile and we are so lost. LOL.