We meet the lawyer monday.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Man, I hope its the right thing to do, or that he'll tell us if we don't have a shot...

Thanks for all your input last night. I really appreciate it.

I talked to him more in-depth. He feels comfortable taking this case in front of a judge for a custody change. Feels a modification of visitation would be easily done based on the same info.

Lawyers and legal battles are such a waste of money. I'm glad its Monday, I think I'll pretend its not happening.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari

The lawyer ought to be able to tell you if it will be worth it to try.

Ya know, you'd think husband's ex would be thrilled that easy child's dad and you want to make her feel a part of the family.

donna723

Shari, for what it's worth, I absolutely think you're doing the right thing! She's using that poor kid as a pawn and a weapon against you and her dad, and an 11 year old is old enough to realize that. She's so concerned that everything come out even and doesn't seem to give a rat's rear that she's keeping the girl from a lot of fun experiences that there's no good reason for her to miss out on. What a spiteful, bitter, hateful woman to use her own child like that! I hope it works out well in court and I'm sure bio-mom's horrible attitude will be very apparent. She's going to make a very bad impression on a judge!

If I were you, I'd ask for full custody, and even if you don't get it, you will probably end up with more than what you've got now! Good luck!