we moved

crazymama30

and are in the process of getting settled. difficult child has been a wreck. Hyper, bouncing off the walls or in his room playing almost too quietly. He is really starting to concern me. How long should I give him to get settled in? We have been here for 4 days, and he is still wound. We do have a completely different living situation as due to financial issues we had to move in with my mom. The kids do have their own rooms now, which is great!!

difficult child has been a little bonkers. It took us 2 days to catch his cat. For those 2 days the cat was dead, she did not love him, and on and on. Then we caught her and she will not get out from under the bed!! She is scared of the dogs (we now have 4) and all the commotion of the household. So once again the cat did not love him, then she got outside and was lost, and you get the idea. The cat came out from under the bed, difficult child found her, and now the world is all better again. This is crazy. I am going to need medicated or locked up by the end of this!!

Sheila

Moving is a major "to do." Hope they settle soon, but it may take longer than you expect for the new place to feel like home.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It could take my kids a couple of weeks to settle after a move. (and we did it every 3-4 yrs)

If you have a normal routine for difficult child try to keep him on it as much as possible. It will comfort him during this transition to know that some things (like brushing your teeth before bed) stay the same no matter what.

Poor kitty. I hope she is able to adjust too.

:gingerbread:

crazymama30

Thanks for the info guys, I figured it would take him a while but the last time we moved he was 2 or 3. It's been awhile. At least the kids do not have to change schools.

As for the kitty, I hope they adjust too. This has been hard on all involved.

(((hugs)))

My difficult child and I moved about 1 1/2 months ago. She is juuuust about settled.

And then Christmas ought to toss her into a frenzy.

He may not be completely settled until after the holidays, just because they can make our kids so anxious.

Hang in there!

crazymama30

This morning was awful. He was loud, demanding, and just could not quit talking. I was so glad to take him to school, but at the same time it scares me to death. If I see the school's number on my caller ID I think I will have heart palpations.

My mom asked me if I ever wanted to call the teacher and warn her. I should have said no, then they may ask that I keep him home!! :hammer:

BBK-- his birthday is next week!! :surprise: It will take a very long time to calm down and settle.