We need a few prayers, good thoughts, ju ju, etc

tiredmommy

School starts on Wednesday for Duckie and I need to contact the school tomorrow to have her class/schedule altered. Each grade in her school is divided into two tracks and I need her to be moved to the other track. She was bullied horribly at a party on Friday by three girls and taunted by them over the weekend. One girl is starting at a new school on Wednesday but the other two are on her assigned track meaning she will be forced to interact with them throughout the school day. Our middle school is notorious for not allowing changes to be made to schedules. The incident was truly horrible, I probably should have filed a police report but Duckie was afraid that the girls would retaliate.

InsaneCdn

If school doesn't IMMEDIATELY cooperate, tell the school you will be filing a police report. It is NOT too late... but I agree with Duckie that doing that sometimes has consequences... taking the lower-key approach of changing tracks is better if it works... and school may cooperate if they know how serious the issue is.

Middle-school and girls and bullying = downright ugly!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Praying. Hopefully the school will be easily persuaded. With all of the 0 tolerance for bullying you would think they would take this seriously.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Saying a prayer, sending good thoughts and lots of ju ju that the outcome is the one you seek and that it is a positive one which stops the bullying immediately. Please let us know how this turns out. Hugs.............

ksm

I probably should have filed a police report but Duckie was afraid that the girls would retaliate.

Please let us know that they did what was necessary. You are right... middle school is horrible for girl drama. They are so cruel. I am crossing my fingers for your daughter and mine that they both have a decent day and the drama comes to an end. KSM

Bunny

Middle school drama is just terrible, period!

I hope the school cooperates and changes her track. Going through school and dealing with bullying is just horrible! I went through it, and I would not repeat middle school for all the money in the world!

svengandhi

I'm glad her track was changed. When oldest boy was in grade 6, he was assaulted at an after school club. I filed a police report but not to have charges pressed, just to have a record if the kid ever did anything else. I don't even think the police contacted his family. He eventually assaulted another kid and was removed from the school. We were never asked to testify or anything but I am sure my report helped. Actually, I know it helped because a friend of mine who worked at the school, whose son was assaulted earlier by this kid and didn't file a report, told me it had. I'm also in NY.

tiredmommy

My hope is that, with the ring leader having moved out of district, the other two girls will calm down. That appears to be what is happening. Duckie described the ring leader as "a drug" because kids would do anything to be her friend. She did say, however, that no one even mentioned her today... she's just gone.