we survived easter!

Jena

hi everyone.......

so my daughter joined us for easter. i won't lie there were a few very hairy moments. than i stated simply if you abuse me in anyway today i will put you in my truck drive you back to town and drop you off in town. she doesnt' want us to know where she lives.......

she than straightened up, apologized etc. long story short it went well. it was odd at end of day we returned to the house her friend picked her up and she left.

upsetting thing is we arent' sure if she'll graduate yet or not. she's failing almost all her classes right now. she was emailing me last night about it and i was supportive yet not controlling. trying to implement the let go thing.

we'll c it's def getting a little easier.

N

Nomad

Good for you for laying down the law and meaning it!!!
We did something very similar. Not the same words...but it was made perfectly clear and daughter was appropriate.
Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LIKE what you said..."supportive, yet not controlling."
Her graduating is "on her," not "on you."
Sending good thoughts...keep up the gooooood work!

Jena

thanks............ i appreciate it. this kinda sux though lol. def not what i pictured this year to be for her. i was soo excited about prom, her dress, taking pics her graduating. her living here lol.

such is life

H

HaoZi

Glad to hear the family gathering went well and she's accepting your new boundaries.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Doesn't sound like it went too bad.

I know it's disappointing to miss out on the normal senior stuff. But if she doesn't graduate........and doesn't want to redo the year, there is still the GED. Katie at least managed to get that done when she was here the first time around.

I'm hoping she takes some of the disability back pay and pays her fines at the college and enrolls for fall quarter. I think it would boost her view of herself immensely. All I've said to her though is ......hey you've got the money might as well pay that off so when you're ready you can go back. It will be what it will be from there.

Keep those boundaries in place.

Hugs